• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A73

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All! I just added a Sony A73 to my camera bag and when I go to upload my RAW files to Lightroom it is saying the files cannot be opened. I am currently running the latest version of Lightroom CC on my Desktop. I also use a Nikon D750, 810, and 850. I have never had this propblem before. I have also uploaded files from a coworkers A7R3 before with no issues. Does anyone have any info on how I can resolve this? Thanks is advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of Lighteoom? Not latest but a setting of numbers please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no latest Lightroom CC.

Adobe changed the name of the Traditional version of LR to LR Classic and came out with a newer Cloud Storage version that they somehow though a good name for it was Lightroom.

Which Exact version are you using and what is the exact version number. 

Also a A7-3 and a A7R-3 are different cameras AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are running a VERY OLD version of the Traditional version of LR.

LR CC 2015,14 (also known as LR version 6.14 as a perpetual Licensed version) was released 5 years ago in 2015.

The newest version of the tradition version of LR, now known as LR Classic, is 9.2.1.

So your version is 4 versions behind and that is your problem.

Also the CC 2015.x version was buy Subscription Only and If you have a subscription you need to Upgrade LR to the newest version through the Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am not very tech savvy and this is all quite confusing to me. I see the version you are talking about 9.2.1 I at some point, a long time ago, used this version. I remember Adobe doing some updates and now that there are different versions of Lightroom I get confused as to which one to use. With that said, what is the difference between the "old" version that I posted and the 9.2.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update/upgrade version of Lightroom you are using is Lightroom Classic 9.2.1. The version you are using is quite dated, and that is possibly why your images are not supported. Since I'm an old timer and a Windows user, I don't know anything about the Mac. I notice you are using OS 10. Minimum requirements for Lightroom Classic require 10.14. Don't know if that is relevant in your case. If your operating system is compliant then it's possible that your creative cloud manager application isn't functioning properly and needs to be updated so that it will keep your Lightroom up to date if that is what you would like to have happen. In any event, the version you are running is not up to date.

If your version is the perpetual version, then you have come to the end of the line. There are no more updates available, and there will be no updates in the future. If you plan to stay with that version then you could consider using the free DNG converter to create digital negative copies of your raw files that will open in the version of Lightroom you are using now. But you won't be able to take advantage of all the new features that have been added to Lightroom Classic that have made it a much better program in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software upgrades have lots of things in them, but it's worth noting one thing: your software was made in 2015, your camera was launched in 2018 (assuming it's the Sony α7 III).  It's optimistic to hope that you can mix technology in this way; new cameras need new software (for their RAW files, which are different in every camera).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post from the Lightroom (Cloud Storage) forum to the LR Classic forum as that is where your topic belongs.

Please state whether or not you pay for a Photography Plan Subscription every month.

Also include the OS version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guys helped out, awesome!!!! I moved my library and files to the Lightroom Classis version and it all works now! I guess I was using the wrong one. I have three different Lightrooms on my Mac 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: So all these times I was updating LR through CC I wasn't even using the one I was updating 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: Stupid mistake. Thanks for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines