• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7RIII insane photographic grain

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a Sony A7RIII and ARW files, when I import a photo in Lightroom classic or in Photoshop camera row the photographic grain is very bad even if the photo doesn't have any.
How can I solve?
Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Photos app cannot display raw files, so it displays the jpg embedded in the raw file.

This seems to be a high ISO image, so there is probably some noise reduction applied to the jpg in the camera by default.

Lightroom ignores proprietary settings from the camera, so you have to apply noise reduction yourself in Lightroom.

I have inserted your screenshot below.

To insert an image directly in a post, click the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

grain_issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Per is correct. The actual Sony raw data probably has the same noise you see in Lightroom Classic. The only difference is probably that outside of Lightroom Classic, you are looking at a camera-generated JPEG preview of the raw data that has noise reduction applied by the setting in camera, while the Lightroom Classic default raw conversion probably hasn’t had appropriate noise reduction applied to it yet. So the two photos shown are displaying different settings and therefore not a good comparison.

When you open a raw file, it has fewer adjustments and corrections made to it, since it’s raw. Noise reduction is one of those decisions that you need to make when developing a raw image, and in the Lightroom Classic example shown it looks like your noise reduction decision has not yet been made.

Advanced users solve this by deciding how much noise reduction they want for their own raw images at different ISO settings on their camera, and they create an ISO-adaptive preset for Lightroom Classic. That makes Lightroom Classic import raw images applying the amount of noise reduction they like, which can be different and better than what was set in camera. This may be something you want to do in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the image ISO?

You might be seeing the effects of the JPEG file being "processed" in camera and waiting for you to process in Lightroom Classic.

-warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as the post above.

What ISO is ytour camera using for that shot? It looks like you shot this at night with limited lighting and a HIGH ISO setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ISO 12800, are the first photos I take with this camera, I didn't think to see all this grain and I had no idea that the JPG were automatically edited, many many thanks to all
Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well at ISO 12 THOUSAND 8 HUNDRED (12,800) get use to that noise.

Have you ever used a digital camera before?

Try ISO 400, 800, maybe 1200 (that is 12 hundred, one thousand 2 hundred) and then see what amount of noise you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear just shoot, yes I have used other digital cameras before and I know very well that the grain is normal.
This time I shot in the AUTO because I didn't have an easel and I was in a hurry, what I didn't know was that the jpg were already processed and I was amazed by the difference between jpg and arw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines