Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SONY ARW files compatibility with Lightroom 6.14

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am looking for help from fellow lightroom users who may be using a Sony A7mk3 camera. I cannot seem to get lightroon 6.14 to recognize the ARW files. I downloaded Adobe DNG converter 12.4 on my IMac as it is supposed to fix that issue. However now that it is downloaded on my computer I am unclar how this is imported to lightroom to help fix the inability to view the sony raw (ARW) files.  ANyone experienced this or can help please ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

The A7R3 files have only been supported since Lightroom-Classic v7.3 (by subscription)

So v.6.14 cannot import the ARW files directly.

Yes you can use the Adobe DNG Converter program to first convert the ARWs to DNGs, then Import the DNGs to Lightroom.

The Converter is NOT a plugin. It is not 'part' of Lightroom. It runs entirely independently of Lightroom.

One common mistake with the converter is 'Selecting FILES' to convert'- You must only select a FOLDER of raw files to convert.

DNG CONVERTER- HOW TO USE.  (a bit 'dated' but still relevant.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The A7R3 files have only been supported since Lightroom-Classic v7.3 (by subscription)

So v.6.14 cannot import the ARW files directly.

Yes you can use the Adobe DNG Converter program to first convert the ARWs to DNGs, then Import the DNGs to Lightroom.

The Converter is NOT a plugin. It is not 'part' of Lightroom. It runs entirely independently of Lightroom.

One common mistake with the converter is 'Selecting FILES' to convert'- You must only select a FOLDER of raw files to convert.

DNG CONVERTER- HOW TO USE.  (a bit 'dated' but still relevant.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines