Highlighted

Soof proffing don't works in Lightroom Classic 9.3 - SOLVED

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update of Lightroom Classic (9.3 version), when I select the profile in Develop modul for soft proofing I don't see any changes in my display, the photo it's exactly equal. I Photoshop with the same print profile I can see evident changues, but not in lightroom.

This appends with all the profiles, for example sRGB, Adobe RGB, print profile, etc. This is an not admisible bug....

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Soof proffing don't works in Lightroom Classic 9.3 - SOLVED

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest update of Lightroom Classic (9.3 version), when I select the profile in Develop modul for soft proofing I don't see any changes in my display, the photo it's exactly equal. I Photoshop with the same print profile I can see evident changues, but not in lightroom.

This appends with all the profiles, for example sRGB, Adobe RGB, print profile, etc. This is an not admisible bug....

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a test and not experiencing the same issue. What OS are you running? Have you tried resetting the preferences?

warmly/j

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What profile did you select? 

It isn't impossible to see no change depending on the image content and the image itself. For example, on my wide gamut display, toggling between Display P3 and sRGB, with some images, I see NO difference which is to be expected if all the image gamut falls within sRGB. 

If an output profile, you should at least see a difference with the Simulate Paper and Ink check box on. 

On MacOS, soft proofing absolutely still works. 

Here's a useful image to test for soft proofing due to all the colors and extended color gamut:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Gamut_Test_File_Flat.tif

Next, try turning OFF GPU in preferences. 

After that, recreate the display profile, try Matrix instead of LUT, don't build a Version 4 spec display profile if given that option. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested and clearly see it working. Are you using Process Version 5 (current)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

First at all thanks for your replys.

I will try to explain all process that I done...

I want to print some of my pictures in a online service, I want to print in Aluminiun Dibon and I dowloaded the icc profile taht this online service have to this support. 

I have Windows 10 Pro as operating system. And I installed the ICC profile in my system. I have a BENQ 270C Photographyc Monitor calibrated by hardware with Adobe RGB working space gamout. In Lightroom I use the Process Version 5.

Then...:

• In lightroom I select Edit in Photoshop.
  • When Photoshop is open show the picture exactly than lightroom, not changes, working space Adobe RGB. OK, perfect.
  • Then in Photoshop in Prof setup I select the ICC profile.
  • Then I select Proof  Colors and the image changes to a more brighter image and less contrast. But is a change very obvious in all image.
  • I use the levels and contrast to modify and try to match to the original without the Proof color. It's not posible to be the same, but more o less.
  • If I try to do the same in Lightroom, when I select the Soft Prof with the same icc profile installed I can't see an obvious change in the image, only if I close a little my eyes and fix in the highlights I can see a litle change. Then it is impossible to try to match the image to the image (more o less) with the Adobre RGB profile.
  • I can see any obvious change also if in Soft Proof in Lightroom I select Adobe RGB, sRGB, Display P3, check and uncheck the Simulate paper and tint, check and uncheck the GPU in preferences.....

This is my situation, is clear that Photoshop can manage the Soft Prooft and in Lightroom there is a problem...

Thanks to all.

Jose

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem. The ICC profile from my Online Service is a CMYK profile, then Lightroom can show the soft proff for this type of icc profile, only can work with Photoshop because PS can work with CMYK icc profile. The support Online Service send an e-mail to me with this issue.

I tried in Lightroom to select other ICC profile not CMYK and I can see the change very obvious....

Thanks to all.....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, LR doesn't support CMYK whatsoever any more. It's really odd the service provider would supply a CMYK profile in the first place but that's a different discussion. 

IF this shop doesn't allow you to fully use any profile (CMYK or RGB), meaning to make actual conversions controlling the rendering intent, if the profile is ONLY for soft proofing, that's largely a waste of time for reasons we can go into. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines