• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort does not work across both parent folder and sub-folders

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to rename a large batch of fiilenames from scanned family photo albums, and move the real file into a specific subfolder.  (Put all uncle Joe's pics from multiple sources that start in the parent folder into an Uncle Joe sub-folder, by dragging from grid view.)  "Show Photos in sub Folders" is checked on.  Renaming the files already in the sub-folders, while I am standing in the parent folder does not automatically display the re-sort.  I have to go into the sub folder itself to see the resorted sequence.  (sort by file name or by date, etc.)  The parent folder and all sub folders selected should continuously have the resorting displayed in the entire batch of selected grid view photos.  Is there a setting or something I can reset to make this happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working on my Windows 10 system using LR Classic 9.2.1. What version are you using?

Try resetting your LR Preferences file as outlined at the below link. Moving the current Preferences file to your Desktop and restarting LR is the simplest way and allows restoring it if of no help.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines