Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sort function limitedly functioning and enabled

Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the sort function as limitedly functioning;

1. When I search for 'starts with' (begint met in Dutch) it still shows items with the second word matching too. Meaning I cannot search specifically.

2. The sort function does not include a search om on title (In Dutch 'Kop') or subtitle. As a biologist/bird hunter I have numerous pictures named after the species shown. If I want to look for the best pictures showing specific species (and reduce the number to increase quality)  I need to type the titles one by one. If I would be able to search on the titles, the cleaning up of my library would be much easier.

Please get this added in the search function in Lightroom (or Bridge)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Then you need to tell Adobe. This isn't the forum for that. There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback", that's where you should make improvement requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are certainly limitations in the Filter Bar. It doesn't always work the way I would like (or the way many people would like). You may want to consider using a plug-in that makes many of these difficulties go away: https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj, but I am sorry to state that a plug-in producing a listing does not really help. I want my pictures sorted in the order I want to work with these. I already use jb_listview to sort next to Lightroom, but that still forces me to use 2 screens and type in the sort names. 

I would appreciate if Adobe would take care of it within the search function they offer.

Thanks,

Louis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you need to tell Adobe. This isn't the forum for that. There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback", that's where you should make improvement requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Louisd,

I feel your pain: a bit over 30 years ago I needed a database that could sort on multiple levels and at the time there was nothing available. Then, a new company, FileMaker, came out with their database product, FileMaker 1.0. I bought a copy and have been using it ever since. This should not be hard for a database (and that is what Lightroom Classic is), so I do encourage you to send this request off to Adobe. If you do, please leave a link to your request here and I will sign on to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines