• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort import by rating (from camera connect)

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

My workflow is to show and rate pictures with my clients in camera connect, and later import them at the studio. 
Rating is taken to classic, but i cant sort it by rating in import, so i have to always import a lot of crap and delete it later. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Oskar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your operating system shows the ratings, then sort the photos there, delete the ones you don't want, and import the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answer, but the issue is, that i can only sort by rating after import, if you shoot headshots a whole day it takes forever to import and delete afterwards. 

It somehow feels stupid not to be able to do it before import, as the data is already here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You copy the photos from camera card to hard disk (not using LR), then use your operating system to eliminate the files that you don't want, then import into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still isn't a solution. I don't delete ANYTHING because down the line the client may say "hey did you have those other shots of such a thing?" and then because you deleted them you wouldn't. 

Sorting by Rating or Color in the import is great.

Also something happened recently where I cant import my selections from ViewNX anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That still isn't a solution."

It could be a solution for the original poster, who specifically said he wanted to delete the photos he didn't want to import. Which was the intent of my comment. We didn't know your requirements at all.

But, you don't have to delete the photos you don't want to import at the current time. A trivial modification to what I suggested and your original photos are not deleted and not imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would that trivial modification be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of dragging the photos that you don't want to import into the trash, you drag them ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines