Highlighted

Sort visually to find identical images?

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos from various places that are crops, versions, etc. of the exact same shot. But because they have been messed with (retouched, sent from different people, cropped, resized) they sort kind of randomly.

Is there a way to automatically group them by the fact that they have the same exact content and angle, etc. (since they all came from some unknown original photo)? I have hundreds of these and would love to know if Lightroom can organize them for me without my having to manually tag everything. Thanks!

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sort visually to find identical images?

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos from various places that are crops, versions, etc. of the exact same shot. But because they have been messed with (retouched, sent from different people, cropped, resized) they sort kind of randomly.

Is there a way to automatically group them by the fact that they have the same exact content and angle, etc. (since they all came from some unknown original photo)? I have hundreds of these and would love to know if Lightroom can organize them for me without my having to manually tag everything. Thanks!

Topics

Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at present. However, you may like to have a look at below linked document on Adobe Sensei as it gives some indication of the direction the company is heading in terms of AI.

https://www.adobe.com/sensei.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that might help a little would be to view in the library module, get the filters options ( press the backslash key) and then choose an option like camera model or lens type. If you know which cameras you use then the others would be these. unknown sources. From there you might be able to make smaller groups to sort through. Not great but maybe a little easier to do visually after such a series of sorts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or if these various image versions still retain a record of the original date and time when a given photo was taken, which would often be the case, then sorting the whole Catalog by capture date (or selecting a particular date-and-time e.g. with a Smart Collection or a metadata filter) can bring those all side by side.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines