Sorting sequence completely ignored by Lightroom Classic during import

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times I import images from my DSLR camera's and my mobile phone mixed. Not always time matches or sometime I have complete incorrect date/time stamp on mobile images which I want to include in the correct order. 

Always importing worked fine:
I could select sorting on filename or for example time before importing and Lightroom would import the images exactly in that order how they were showing in my import window. Lightroom renames my images on import so the exact order how they were in my import screen it would use to start numbering "name-001", "name-002" etc. 

For some reason now Lightroom uses a completely random sequence while importing, which messes up the complete order of the images once they are added to my library. 

I don't have the feeling I'm doing something wrong or different but since some latest update I have to rename the numbers of nearly all my images after import manually to make them show in the correct sequence. I always make sure that my images within a folder are in corretc order (on date/time AND on sequence number) but currently this is extremely annoying.

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had a sorting issue, not importing, but in all folders in the grid view. I reset lightroom preferences and all is working fine now.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines