• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Sync Problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the web for weeks to solve my problem. There seem to be so many different Lightroom Classic Sync problems that I was not able to adapt any of the presented solutions to my problem.

As many others, I have the problem that it constantly shows the same number of files being syncronized but never finishes and not even the number changes. On the mobile devices and on Lightroom CC on my desktop computer however, all syncronizing shows as finished.

In my case, all these files including all changes are actually synchronised on all my mobile devices and, if they are synchronized from there, also in Lightroom Classic. Therefore, it seems that Lightroom for some reason thinks it has to synchronize these files even though the work is already done.

I had a closer look at the files and it seems that all or most of them are files I recently imported from Lightroom mobile, rated 5*, edited and exported. Also, I imported them along with all the other files from my holiday trip into Lightroom Classic from my hard drive at home. In that folder, the editings are not transferred to the images. Deleting them (the images imported to Lightroom Classic from my harddrive) makes no difference, only deleting the synchronized images does, but that makes me lose my editing steps (at least I guess so).

Any idea on how to solve this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the links below for possible solutions to your problem

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-classic-cc-stuck-syncing-images/td-p/10088623?pa... 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have searched the web for weeks to solve my problem."

"See the links below for possible solutions to your problem"

That was among the first resources. No solution for me there, at least I have not found it. Should it be there, please tell me in which advice and, if necessary, more specific instructions. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another post just yesterday or the day before it was suggested the user delete the "CatalogName Sync.lrdata folder located in the same main folder as your actual catalog file an d that seemed to clear up that users problem.

Sorry I don't have a link to that conversation

2020-08-29 08_46_39-D__LR Classic V9 Catalog.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that conversation mentioned above.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-classic-shows-600-photos-synching-but-in-the-clo...

It is a post by JohanElzenga.

2020-08-29 08_50_44-Re_ LR classic shows 600 photos synching but in th... - Page 2 - Adobe Support C.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines