Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Removal Source on a Cropped Image

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

When you crop an image, the "spot removal" tool limits the source location for fill in / corrective source material to the cropped area. 

Suggestion:

Let the algorithm check the whole image for "spot removal" source areas, not just the cropped area... 

Background:

I am trying to clean dirt spots off an image of a carpet... I have vast stretches that are out of the cropped image area because of straightening corrections. However, when using spot removal all that useable source area that matches the patterning is not eligible.

Advantages:

If you allow pulling out of the cropped frame, there is no spot duplication issue where a viewer notices that the same tuft or section of people in a crowd is repeated over and over. They are out of the final image due to cropping. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants all product suggestions posted in the official feedback forum:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!  I was wondering why it looked different.... I was looking for that forum/system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines