• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot removal tool overlay vanishes in fullscreen mode - LR 9.1 (and LR 9.2) MBP 16"

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot removal tool overlay when hovering over working image (develop module)

• in fullscreen mode, tool overlay (circle) is invisible
  • exit fullscreen mode, tool overlay returns

I work in fullscreen mode so this is particularly annoying.

See youtube video for walk-through of this problem

https://youtu.be/px6Mc1cdwx4

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 9.1

Macbook Pro 16" 

Catalina 10.15.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic while using the Spot Rrmoval tool in full screen mode.

You can add Lightroom Classic to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences, then Security and Pirvacy, then selecting the Privacy tab. Once done, please restart the computer to check if that helps.

You can also try to reset the Preferences for Lightroom Classic using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note: Please backup your presets, plug-ins, etc. before resetting the preferences.

Check out a similar discussion here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/clone-tool-brush-disappears-in-full-screen-mo...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here, very frustrating.

Reseting Preferences does not help.

Linked Discussion does not provide any solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem, deleting the Preferences file and adding Lightroom to the Accessibility list did not solve the problem. 

When I leave the full screen mode, everthing works fine again. 

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Regards,

Jannes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can perfectly use all the other tools (basic adjustment sliders, gradient filter, red eye removal tool....) in full screen.

The spot removal tool 'works' as well, but the target circle disappears when I hover over the photo and only becomes visible again when I click (and thus activate the spot removal tool on that location).

I am also on Mac OS 10.15.3 by the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated the software to v. 9.2 but the problem is still there. Only with the spot removal tool. Very annoying would really like to see this problem solved. Anyone from Adobe that can shed any light. All fix suggestions above have not worked so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an age-old issue that never got resolved. Not sure why Adobe and Apple haven't resolved this over time. Hmmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember that I didn't have this problem when I still had to use the cmd+shift+f keys to enter full screen mode. 

I never had to leave full screen to use the spot removal tool, where I have to do it now. 

It is only since the update that gave the opportunity to enter full screen mode using the green button on the top left side of the Mac window that I have this problem. (don't know anymore if this was caused by a Lightroom update or the Catalina update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue with different Macs after the upgrade to Catalina. Your hint with cmd+shift+f to switch in App Fullscreen is working well. Thank you. I think that belongs to the new fullscreen behavior in Catalina...

@Adobe: Please fix this stupid issue asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines