Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Never saw that before, at a customer.
How do I fix this?

F__McLion_1-1595168465920.png

Thanks
McL

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never saw that either.

Their catalog is being corrupted by some hardware fault. Uzip the most recent cartalog backup and load that to test (actually make a copy of it to be on the safe side).

Then find out what hardware problem has caused the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are working on a local catalog with the photo on a Synology NAS. The catalog itself is locally located in a Synology Teamfolder that is also synced to the Synology once finished working.

I'm having the same setup myself, with Windows though.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

The catalog itself is locally located in a Synology Teamfolder that is also synced to the Synology once finished working.

End Quote:

I bet this is All of the problem. Something on the NAS > Team folder has corrupted the catalog file.

Simple fact is the LrC catalog was never intended to be used with any type of Networked device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Mac/PC/Lightroom view, this is an absolutely normal local folder.

It's the same as if I would make a copy manually to an external/NAS drive, except that it is done automatically.

However, I also suspect that something around that synchronization caused the error - probably user ...

I'm using this setup with no issues so far. The only important thing is not to try to open a catalog right after starting the PC before syncronization has finished, if syncronization is needed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines