• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking represented in filter options?

Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see stacking data represented in the filter options, for instance, how many photos are unstacked, or what photos are at the top of their stack, bottom, or middle. Or maybe numbered, with "1" being at the bottom of the stack.

I shoot a lot of bracketed photos, and organize them with "auto-stack by capture time", and I'd like to be able to, for example, only apply processes to those at the top or bottom of the stacks. Right now, I can't see a simple way to do this. Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

This is a seven-year-old feature request:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add_stack_position_to_filter_and_smart_collec...

Please add your constructive opinion to the request and be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified if they do. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

While waiting for Adobe to implement this, you could use the Any Filter plugin:

johnrellis_0-1598497392919.png

johnrellis_1-1598497560440.png

Other plugins that can identify photos in stacks: Search Replace Transfer, Data Explorer.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yikes!! 7 years! Unlikely to happen. Thanks for the link to AnyFilter!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines