• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard image previews appear distorted

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my most recent import, the first of Lightroom Classic CC, some of the standard image previews appear distorted - as in the screenshot below. 1:1 and smart previews don't have this issue.

I've tried disabling GPU support which had no effect. Also tried deleting the previews data file and rebuilt the previews which also had no effect.

If I create a 1:1 or smart preview for one of the affected images, then immediately discard that preview, the remaining standard preview displays correctly!

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks in advance!

Lightroom version: Classic CC 7.4

Hardware: 2017 MacBook Pro

lr previews.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some corruption of the files. This is caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere. The hard disk might be failing, so I would run diagnostics on it. Other possible causes of corruption are memory, and the hardware used to transfer the photos from camera to computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply dj_paige

If the affected photos are opened in the Develop tab they load perfectly fine, they also load fine in other software such as Photoshop and Preview.

Could the files still be corrupt in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, your previews are corrupt somehow, but apparently not your actual photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines