• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behavior of Lightroom for export

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone... I bring back something very strange that is happening to me on Lightroom after the last update (it had never happened to me before).

Assuming that the PC is the same, the monitor (just calibrated) is the same and the photo is the same.

As long as I'm inside Lightroom I see the photo properly adjusted both from a tonal and saturation point of view, as I set it.
However, when the jpeg export happens the strange, that is, the same photo opened with windows photo or google photo is underexposed by 3/4 stop and decidedly more saturated

This is on both my PC and other devices

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER? We need the version number and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

What are Color Space you selecting at export? It should be sRGB for most purposes. What viewer are you using outside of Lightroom that shows the photo underexposed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.2 with Camera Raw 13.2.

Yes the selected Color Space is sRGB, I also tried with other color spaces but the result is the same.

The problem does not present by saving in jpeg from Photoshop rel 22.3.1

I used Windows photo and Google photo both on the same PC and on other devices and from Lightroom Classic the problem is always there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of monitor is this? How is it calibrated? I am not a windows person but I believe windows photo is not properly color managed so will never show the right colors. What do the files look like in Photoshop?

What you're describing is usually due to a bad monitor profile so best cause of action is likely to recalibrate it again and make sure to use a icc v2 monitor profile as target. You can also as a test assign sRGB to your monitor in its properties panel by deleting any profile you see there (just a test to see if the profile is the problem). If that doesn't help, try turning off GPU support in Lightroom Classic and see if that makes a difference (just a test again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both situations I used sRGB on two different monitors and the problem is the same I used a calibrated p51 lenovo and a calibrated lg 27ul500.

the strange thing is that before the last Lightroom update it didn't happen.
The same thing doesn't happen on Photoshop with the same profile.

I tried adobergb sRGB and the custom profile generated by x-rite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it still happens with sRGB as the monitor profile, it is a different problem. Try disabling GPU support in Preferences->performance and see if it still does this. Do you also see large differences between Develop and Library? If not, try connecting only a single monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to disable the GPU and the problem remains.
I don't see any difference between Develop and Library on both monitors 

I also tried to open the jpeg file on another computer with an un calibrated screen, and the behavior is the exact same, the PSD file exported from Lightroom is darker and more saturated saved by Photoshop in Jpeg works well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when the jpeg export happens the strange, that is, the same photo opened with windows photo or google photo is underexposed by 3/4 stop and decidedly more saturated"

Windows Photo, like most Microsoft software, isn't color-managed, and it ignores the display profile. If you're using Google Chrome to view Google Photos, then you'll also have an issue, since Google Chrome has significant bugs in its color-management. (Microsoft Edge likely has the same bugs, since it shares the same code as Chrome.)

So as a necessary first step, view your photos with a color-managed viewer: Examples include LR, Photoshop, Bridge, Firefox, Irfanview, Faststone (the latter two required color management to be explicitly enabled). (You can also find magic recipes for ressurecting an old version of Windows photo viewer that is correctly color-managed, if you're a glutton for Windows futzing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll try, but it seems strange to me that it depends on the color management of the viewer, because the same psd file (not the same photo) saved in jpeg by Photoshop (with the same color profile as Lightroom) is seen correctly on all the viewers mentioned

It's just lightroom export that has this behavior where I also manage photoshop Psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't told us what software you are using outside of Lightroom Classic when you view the photos and they appear underexposed and more saturated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the PSD file exported from Lightroom is darker and more saturated saved by Photoshop in Jpeg works well"

Ensure that LR and PS are both creating the JPEG in the same color space (e.g. sRGB).  If they are, then I suggest you upload a sample PSD and the JPEGs exported by LR and PS to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. Then we can diagnose what might be going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines