• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stripes when printing high contrast pictures with Lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no issue with my printer Canon MG5450 when I was on PC using directly the printer software of Canon. But now that I am on Mac, Canon does not provide updated softwares compatible with IOS. And here I am with my problem: when I print pictures with a high contrast, the printing through Lightroom is good excepted for high contrast pics where I get those stripes in the contrasted areas of the picture. Any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you print using another application; Same or different?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help thedigitaldog. The only thing I have done so far was to compare between printing through lightroom Classic and skipping lightroom , ie printing directly through the driver/software of my printer. The result is that I have no stripes but the quality of the colours is quite bad compared to what I have through lightroom. So this seems not to be a problem with my printer though not recent, but more a problem with the settings in Lightroom. But which one? I have tried different things, but no improvement. I wonder if this has something to do with Photoshop as the pic I am referring to was first processed through Ps. I did not change the standard settings...

Also, if anyone in the community uses an ink printer for professional pictures, using Ps and LrC on mac, I would be glad to know more on the brand/type, etc ... In case I would need to change mine.

Thanks

Yky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also forgot to say that the printing takes much more time with LrC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Yky5E15 

Beings you were happy with your prints from the Canon MG5450 than I would think you would be very happy with the Canon Pixma Pro 200.  I use the Pixma Pro 100 which the Pro 200 replaced late last year.  Its not multifunction but it produces great prints and works great with LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines