Highlighted

Stuck in a loop with Lightroom 5 not opening

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have Lightroom 5 currently on the 5.5 version which I purchased from a store several years ago, when opening the program it says "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem next time it launches.

In the background the program has opened and an update for 5.7.1 is there but I cannot do anything due to the error prompt. Now it's stuck in a loop of close and reopen with the same error.

Does anyone how to get around this?

LR Issue.JPG

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stuck in a loop with Lightroom 5 not opening

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have Lightroom 5 currently on the 5.5 version which I purchased from a store several years ago, when opening the program it says "Lightroom encountered an error when reading from its preview cache and needs to quit. Lightroom will attempt to fix this problem next time it launches.

In the background the program has opened and an update for 5.7.1 is there but I cannot do anything due to the error prompt. Now it's stuck in a loop of close and reopen with the same error.

Does anyone how to get around this?

LR Issue.JPG

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Topics

How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First suggestion is usually- "remove the preview folder (Windows) or preview file (Mac OS)" and allow Lightroom to restart and re-build the Previews.

See details in this link:

PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS

Also- you will not be able to update to v5.7.1 from the Adobe servers- you will not find it there.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines