Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in Catalog Upgrade - LR CC classic

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a imac 2011 running on EL Capitan. Succesfully downloaded and opened the application. However it is now in "Catalog upgrade in progress" stage for the last 90 mts, without the progress bar moving.

What needs to be done now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameshsar,

As your catalog is stuck at upgrading, could you please let us know the size of your catalog, Also please try disabling your antivirus once and share the results with us.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm running a 2013 iMac with 8GB and the latest MacOS.

1) Using the Lightroom CC 2015 I optimized the catalog

2) I installed Lightroom Classic CC without removing my old version

3) Started LR Classic CC

My old catalog has about 120000 pics and it, the size is 5,12GB, the new one is stuck at 1,87. LR Classic runs at about 1% to 2% cpu. I guess that means it is basically doing nothing...

It's been working for about an hour and it seems to be stuck:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-19 um 18.37.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try disabling your antivirus once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No antivirus running on my machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't do anything -- should I cancel and wait for a solution/fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog size seems to be big try cancelling the upgrade process, take a back up copy of the catalog then try upgrading it again and wait for some time as it's a big catalog. and share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.: Cancel didn't work -- I had to kill Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, is there a method that I can go back to the previous version of LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Alan, If you open the creative cloud application and click on the downwards pointing arrow near the open button of Lightroom Classic CC you'll see Other Versions click on it to install the previous version Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, I have gone to the ACC and clicked on the down arrow. it gives me two choices 1) view tutorials and 2) uninstall.

Should I uninstall "Classic"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without uninstalling classic try this link to download and install Lightroom CC 2015.12 and share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil - no link was attached. Please provide the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link provides what appears to be Lightroom 6. When I click on it, it downloads a .zipfile. the .zip file only includes a patch - NOT THE SOFTWARE.

Sahil, I am dying here. I have images that I am missing delievery dates on eery hour thta I am not working in Lightroom.

I need help here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send screenshot of your creative cloud application so that we can review it at our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took two hours. LR Classic CC has started now. Save and optimizing next to be sure.

Edit: The catalog file is now only 2,6GB -- is that ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just make sure that you have everything in the new optimized catalog, the decrease in size is normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. My first LR catalog is 20 GB.  Also...my Adobe Creative Cloud keeps signing me out after about a minute.  Not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

My Catalog was 2.4 gb. The process finally got over after 2 hours. Now its working fine. LR is now zippy and faster than before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say your catalogue was 2.4 GB was that the zipped version of it?  Mine is about 700MB zipped but almost 7GB unzipped!  it's taking forever and appears to be stuck : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, except my catalog is 18GB. Any updates on this? I’m really regretting choosing to upgrade in the middle of wedding season.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ahve the same problem. My catalog is 15Gb. I had to cancel and I will try to us the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. Stuck on "Migrate Settings Table" at around 40% or so for 20+ hours. Catalog size is 2 GB. Windows 10 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2.4gb catalog (87,000 images) took nearly an hour to convert but did so successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines