Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly none of the images in my database is visible

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yesterday I worked with LR CC 2015.8. No problems beside that no image was displayed in slideshow mode. That`s the case for some time but doesn`t bother me. Just tried it out yesterday before I shut down LR. When I today started LR not a single image is shown in LR thought the images are there and I can open them from LR in PS. I attach a screenshot to show you what I`m seeing.

Can anyone help me or give me a hint what's going on.

Regards

FranzLR_FP.JPG@

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

You either have a defective monitor profile, or a corrupted preview cache.

First, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB, if that fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Press the Windows key+R, type colorcpl, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you have a corrupted preview cache.

Close Lightroom, then with Windows Explorer, go to the folder that cont

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some restarts of LR, restarted the PC, nothing changed.

Can anyone help? Please.
Franz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either have a defective monitor profile, or a corrupted preview cache.

First, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB, if that fixes the issue, you should ideally calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Press the Windows key+R, type colorcpl, and hit Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as Default profile. See screenshot (from Windows 7) below.

If this doesn't fix the problem, you have a corrupted preview cache.

Close Lightroom, then with Windows Explorer, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom Catalog (usually a folder named Lightroom inside the My Pictures folder.

Delete the Preview cache folder (ending with Previews.lrdata). Do not delete anything else.

Lightroom will rebuild the previews as you browse the library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. The problem was the missing monitor profile. Everything works fine again.

Thank you.

Franz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I am having the same issue.  I am working on a Mac.  Any suggestions?  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue-  Same answer (as 'correct' above) by Per Bernsten.

For Apple Mac monitor color management have a read at-

Get the right colors on your Mac display | Macworld

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same issue after upgrading to the recently launched Lightroom Classic CC.

Images are not displayed in Library mode. However I can edit them in Develop mode, but still can't see them in the bottom tiles strip.

So it is impossible to filter or select pictures.

I tried assigning the default sRGB default color profile and deleting the Previes caché folder, but none of them worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines