Highlighted

Suggestion re: Create Collection + Set as Target + Include selected photo

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the subject line, there's a little glitch when moving through this sequence, specifically, the action which happens when I check the box beside "set as target collection", including a checked box "include selected photo" in the dialogue after the "create collection" action. It's annoying to be whisked over to the target collection automatically instead of staying in the grid view in the library instead. I gotta find my way back to my original place. 

What's the logic in being taken immediately to the target collection you've just created?

Has anyone else encountered this?

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Suggestion re: Create Collection + Set as Target + Include selected photo

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the subject line, there's a little glitch when moving through this sequence, specifically, the action which happens when I check the box beside "set as target collection", including a checked box "include selected photo" in the dialogue after the "create collection" action. It's annoying to be whisked over to the target collection automatically instead of staying in the grid view in the library instead. I gotta find my way back to my original place. 

What's the logic in being taken immediately to the target collection you've just created?

Has anyone else encountered this?

TOPICS
Feature request, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that no thought was given to that when the feature was originally added. In general, it makes some sense to set the current source to the newly created collection when you select Include Selected Photos, since it's very likely the user will want to work with the newly created collection. But I agree that when you select Set As Target, more likely the user wants to stay with the currently selected source.

You could post a feature request -- Adobe wants all product suggestions posted in the official feedback forum:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum. (The feedback forum is currently being upgraded but should be back in a day or so.)

You could use the Any Source plugin's Back To Previous  to quickly go back to the previous source and selection.  I have it assigned to Ctrl + B and use it constantly.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "I Gotta Find my way back to my original place" what place are you speaking about?

A Folder?

The part, area, of the Grid view when All Photographs had been selected?

Please explain what Place you need to find your way back to.

If you had a Folder selected then even though you are now in a Collection the same Group of photographs are still selected as they were prior to creating the collection and setting it as a target collection so just go to All Photographs and those same images will be selected then right click on one and select "Go to folder in Library". That is IF the place you were in and want to get back to was a folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0