Super resolution images not showing correctly in creative cloud

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have been playing with super-resolution in camera raw. However, when I import them back into Lightroom Classic and Sync it with the cloud the image shows to be cropped in off the subject it was originally on when you view it on another device. I haven't found a way to find a way to sort this. 

Hand anyone else had these issues or know how to fix it

TOPICS
File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm what you are seeing. Please create a Problem Report at the Photoshop Family forum, which is monitored by Adobe staff.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Some guidelines here.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/forum-usability-topics/how-to-reporting-bugs-problems/5...

When completed please post a link to the report back here in a reply. That way any landing here with the issue can add their comments at the report. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and there already is a tread about it in the feedback forums. Do remember however that Lightroom Classic syncs smart previews to the cloud, not originals. That means that there is no advantage in syncing a super-resolution file compared to syncing the original. In both cases you'll only get a 2560 pixels wide image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, can you please provide a link to the post in the feedback fourm. While everything you say is correct some users may create a super resolution DNG file copy and delete the original raw file. That will prevent them from syncing those files to the Cloud. Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the sync thread, but it is related to this problem: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-raw-saved-super-resolution-dn...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John. I've included this issue at that problem report. They appear to be related so fixing one should also fix the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines