• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Apple iCloud Photostream?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will LR support importing directly from Apple's Photostream in the future rather than having to export from iPhoto, then import into LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imacken wrote:

I'll wait and see if there are developments.

That's the only solution, and I did answer your original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was hoping - foolishly, I guess - for a bit more insight rather than the usual line that Adobe, MS, Apple give out, i.e. we don't answer questions about any future developments.  I already knew that!

Oh well......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Imacken. Reading thru your thread I understand your frustration. Obviously you will not find any help from either Apple, Adobe...Trust me for every small app that can replace any adobe or major apple app I am changing. The level of decreased information and crappy releases is growing from the mastodonts.

Well enough bla bla bla about big companies.

My point is...

To get a solution for your question, how about asking Earth Hobbit more exactly what he means about his offer and what kind of idea and guarantee of support is he willing to give.

Yes thank you EarthHobbit. A small app that makes the photostreams available in a folder on my mac.

Its fine if its just a smart folder. All it needs to do is "create" a folder that gives Lightroom a chance to import and act like a folder when looking in FINDER.

I would happily promise a payment via paypal donation of 10 EUROS for that small feature. If you get more too acknowledge that, you could make enough for your work.

The app should do the following:

Make a folder that shows all recent 1000 inputs in date ordered DESCENDING. (Thats It)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the path where the photostream is stored

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

The files are then text (XML) files but if you open them with preview.app it show an image

Inside the text file you will find this, if its an Image

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>MSAssetMetadataDateContentCreated</key>

<date>2011-11-09T12:00:07Z</date>

<key>MSAssetMetadataDateContentModified</key>

<date>2011-11-09T12:00:08Z</date>

<key>MSAssetMetadataDeviceID</key>

<string>e843c2b2a11a3549a203d0dfc07ffaaa562d7c20</string>

<key>MSAssetMetadataFileSize</key>

<real>430337</real>

<key>MSAssetMetadataPixelHeight</key>

<real>1200</real>

<key>MSAssetMetadataPixelWidth</key>

<real>1200</real>

<key>MSAssetMetadataStreamIDKey</key>

<string>1313823429</string>

<key>isDerivedAsset</key>

<false/>

<key>k-filename</key>

<string>IMG_0266.JPG</string>

<key>kPLPhotoStreamMasterAssetMetadataKey</key>

<dict>

<real>430337</real>

<real>1200</real>

<real>1200</real>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Good Luck who ever tries to work that one out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this path, however I believe it is more related to backup of your iDevices (iPad or iPhone) than to a PhotoStream link.

I cannot find any documentation from Apple on how to program the PhotoStream. For iCloud documents in general this is not an issue, but pictures do not seem to be there.

So I am keeping looking at ! But if any of you have any reference, then please share.

Le 1 déc. 2011 à 10:45, Sofus Comer a écrit :

Re: Support for Apple iCloud Photostream?

created by Sofus Comer in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Found the path where the photostream is stored

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

The files are then text (XML) files but if you open them with preview.app it show an image

Inside the text file you will find this, if its an Image

Example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<real>430337</real>

<real>1200</real>

<real>1200</real>

<key>isDerivedAsset</key>

<false/>

<key>k-filename</key>

<string>IMG_0266.JPG</string>

<key>kPLPhotoStreamMasterAssetMetadataKey</key>

<dict>

<real>430337</real>

<real>1200</real>

<real>1200</real>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Good Luck who ever tries to work that one out.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only a matter of time the photostream will be incorporated into the MacOS (without the aid of iphoto) then it will simply be a case of adding it to published drives or simply syncing it in LR.

Seems silly it will just be on mobile devices only for the future but i did read on a generic Mac website somewhere it would be rolled out in an update to Lion.

Although i have to say it seems a bit useless for DLSR stuff especially now you can wirelessly sync folders/itunes in IOS5 anyway.  I do that with my jpg portfolio but wouldn't touch it with any RAWS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone is giving me some hints about the photostream API of iCloud, I can write a little tool that imports the stream's pictures and stores them in a folder on a Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have found some information and am currently finalizing a little application that can automatically push iCloud PhotoStream pictures to a given folder on a Mac (and even in the LightRoom library).

Will let you know when finished !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published my little application that copies pictures from your iCloud PhotoStream folder to a folder of your choice, and which can be integrated with Lightroom.

The application is available for free, however please do not hesitate to support the developper if you like it and want to see it evolve.

http://www.petits-suisses.ch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I downloaded vesrion 1.1 of PhotoStream2Folder.dmg made by EarthHobbit and it works perfect.
What it does is checks your photostream with timed intervals (Set by your or default 10 minutes).

Then it copies any images to a local folder by your choice.

With that folder its just ready eddie for your further workflow.

Thanks alot! Donated you 10€

Kind Regards Sofus Comer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to set up automatic Photo Stream to Lightroom imports using just Automator in OSX...

Instructions from here:  https://plus.google.com/101906353514641308377/posts/e1K1iZZFVbD

Step 1: Create an Automator folder action to copy all files added to your hidden Photo Stream folder to a folder elsewhere on your computer.

Start in Automator by creating a 'Folder Action' workflow. Click 'Choose folder', then press SHIFT-COMMAND-PERIOD while the Automator folder picker is open so that you can browse hidden folders. Choose the iCloud Photo Stream folder here: {USERNAME}/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub

Add a 'Get Folder Contents' action to your workflow, being sure to check the 'Repeat for each subfolder found' option.

Add a 'Copy Finder Items' action to your workflow, selecting a folder where you'd like Lightroom to import from. Something like "/Pictures/Lightroom Import" might be a good idea.

Save your workflow. You've just activated an Automator action that copies new Photo Stream images to a folder of your choosing.

Step 2: Tell Lightroom to automatically import images from this folder. In the Lightroom menu go to: File -> Auto Import -> Auto Import Settings... This will move the files out of the folder you just created and into Lightroom, leaving the hidden photostream directory un-modified so that we don't confuse iCloud or prevent you from viewing your Photo Stream on other iOS devices.

Step 3: There is no step 3. Just go out and take some awesome photos. Next time you launch Lightroom, they'll be there, and your images will continue to be imported on the fly when Lightroom is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

portilaj81 wrote:

<...>

Step 3: There is no step 3. Just go out and take some awesome photos. Next time you launch Lightroom, they'll be there, and your images will continue to be imported on the fly when Lightroom is open.

Works like a charm...with one exception...it is extremely difficult--though not impossible--to create an 'awesome' photo using an iOS device

This even works to get images from Aperture to LR.  Just drag the images to Photo Stream within Aperture and they will 'magically' appear in the designated folder in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This even works to get images from Aperture to LR.  Just drag the images to Photo Stream within Aperture and they will 'magically' appear in the designated folder in LR.

That's really neat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

portilaj81 wrote:

That's really neat!

Yes, it is.  You do have to wait  bit, though.  They don't instantly appear in the folder on my iMac after dragging them to the Photo Stream entry in the inspector.  I suspect they are pushed to the cloud then downloaded from the cloud to be placed in the source folder after which they are transferred with the automator action.  I may be totally wrong here--I'm just guessing, but that is about the amount of time it took for them to appear in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good that people are trying to wrestle with this problem but, unfortunately neither EarthHobbit or portilaj81 saw fit to mention that both their solutions require you to already have iPhoto or Aperture installed. So, with all due respect guys, a bit pointless really: "here's a way to avoid having to use iPhoto that.. er.. requires you to install iPhoto"

Back to the drawing board, methinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why any question pertaining to Apple products has to immediately launch into an attack on the poster. Guess what? People who take photos--sometimes good ones--with real cameras also take pictures on their phones! (There are some amazingly talented, published exhibited critically-acclaimed photographers, real photographers, who also take pictures on their phones! Yes! It's true in 2012!) Some of those phones are iPhones! Some of these people also use Lightroom!

Geez. No one is talking here about using iCloud to save all of their whatever TB of photos into the cloud. The question was about the useful but limited Photostream feature to get photos taken from the phone into Lightroom. If you use eithe rof the solutions above, you don't really have to interact with iPhoto (I also don't want to get involved with it) but you do need to upgrade (fifteen dollars) to the most recent version. Seems a small price to pay to have the photos pulled somewhat automatically into LR w/out having to go through Image Capture (which I often have to use when LR's Import module doesn't seem to see all the pics on my phone). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peeps. I hope this helps anyone who comes across this thread.

You can auto import iPhone or Droid photos with Dropbox's camera upload feature, then set up an automator action to auto-import to a folder, then use LR's "watched folder" feature to seemlessly add photos--without iPhoto. As a bonus, enabling Dropbox's auto photo import earns you extra storage space.You can direct LR to watch a folder in Dropbox directly but I read of a few issues people had with that workflow in various threads.

Besides, if you have LR watching a folder on Dropbox you can't use it for other stuff. Better I think to set up a few different Automator actions that send everything auto-imported (for ex, I'm gathering a mess of files from various old hard drives) and then have LR pulling it all in from that one folder. In the past I'd tried to set up Automator actions and found it confusing but it's very simple. I followed this method (using the Move Finder Items action as described).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Meghan. I am one of those strictly iPhone photographers, and no my shots aren't super great but I'm not aiming for that. However, I do want them in LR and I too was rather surprised at the rather blase attitude towards anyone who wanted Photostream images inported EASILY into LR. This is the 21st century! I no longer have to connect my phone to any other devices to have my images on all my Macs.

I just downloaded PhotoSteam2Folder and am watching 2024 images come out of Photostream and onto my hd.  As a fairly new LR user, I still have 4 old iPhoto libraries to deal with but Thank You Laurent/Earth Hobbit for offering a solution, not an excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines