• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Meyer Optik Gorlitz lenses in Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through the list of lenses supported for (Dec. 2020) and did not see Meyer Optik Gorlitz on the list.  Can you please make lens profile correction for these lenses?  Thank you!

https://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.com/en/  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

These lenses are completely manual, without any electronics. That means that Lightroom won't be able to recognise which lens was used, and that does indeed make it rather unlikely that Adobe will create lens profiles for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the forum for feature requests.  Adobe doesn't monitor this forum for feature requests.

Please post your request in the appropriate  feature request forum

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, it is my option, that Adobe will never create any lens profiles for those lenses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These lenses are completely manual, without any electronics. That means that Lightroom won't be able to recognise which lens was used, and that does indeed make it rather unlikely that Adobe will create lens profiles for them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that is a great reason.

What about Lensbaby, Helios,Venus Optics just to mention 3 fully manual lense manufacturers included in their profile corrections?

Many photographers use these beautiful lenses for a number or reasons and surely support would not be that difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You read something that I didn't write. I didn't say it was more difficult. Manual or electronic doesn't matter for creating a profile. Wat I said was that I think it is unlikely. Lensbaby and Venus Optics are quite popular, so apparently that made Adobe decide to create a lens profile, even though photographers will have to apply them manually because Lightroom can't do that automatically. Meyer Optik Gorlitz is much more a niche product, so I don't expect them to do that with manual lenses from that brand. But perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps they can be persuaded.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines