• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for Olympus E-M5 Mark II

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Lightroom 5.7 isn't recognising RAW files from the new Olympus E-M5 Mark II. Has anyone found a solution please?

GIna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That time of month again, irony is not lost on you duh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently am up to date with LR CC6 and have yet to open the box with my new Olympus OMD 5 II.  I bought the camera because at 63, no longer want to lug around my Canon bar bells.  However, my age also makes me think, not too long before I'm on a "fixed income" and the whole idea of subscription software isn't thrilling me.  My Dad is 91 and is still using PS 3 without having to make a monthly payment.  Alas, if he wanted to buy a new camera with new raw formats he'd be SOL.  Not fair. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or convert them to DNG with DNG converter 8.8. It was released today (3/19).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use http://basepath.com/site/detail-ExifChanger.php to change the camera model field to E-M5. Then you can import into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the metadata to make the file look like the older E-M5 (non-Mark II) then the colors may be slightly off. In my opinion it would be better to use the DNG Converter and create DNGs from the ORF files and import those DNGs into LR. At least the colors will be rendered using the actual E-M5 Mark II profile rather than the profile(s) for the older E-M5.

The DNG Converter is available, here:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right about the colors, it's just that dng conversion takes longer and I wonder if it makes any difference when you create a profile using a ColorChecker Passport anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another issue with the use of the 8.8 DNG converter, for those who do not use LR as their RAW editor.

DNG's are not widely supported by the competitors of Adobe,  DXO and Phase One do not support this format so it is all pretty cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One Pro handles DNGs from the DNG Converter just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides colors, there are black-point and white-point settings which a color-checker-based profile isn't going to help with, since the CC profile is merely a modification of an existing Adobe profile and would use the original camera's black- and white-point values.

The black and white points are the lowest and highest values that a raw-pixel can be in raw files from a particular camera and if these numbers don't match exactly between the E-M5 and E-M5 Mark II then raws from a Mark II that are munged to be raws from the original won't look right no matter what you do.

Since there is a DNG Converter available that can handle the Mark II raw files, despite using it being slower a slower workflow, temporarily, that's still the path with the least errors and the most compatibility with future versions of LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rented an EM-5 II today, that's how I discovered this thread.

Reading through this thread, I was struck by how people rationalize the crazy $%^& we as consumers have to deal with. It is incredible that these camera manufacturers don't seem to realize that their industry is dying, fast. They acted as if they want to go out of business faster, by not working with 3rd party software developers so that 3rd party software will support their cameras when they are released. Furthermore, they spend unnecessary resources developing their own software which no one loves. This is insanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED!!! Of course you & I are out of step not lying down & loving the stuff - just because we bought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Lightroom 6/CC was announced today and it will have E-M5 Mark II support. I'm still looking into this but it seems like the wait might be over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already had a chance to check if it works now with the OMD EM5III ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work fine in LR6 now though I have not tried the HiRes yet. Only the plugin to DXO Optics Pro 10 is broken. Always something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some addition. on DXO Optics. LR6 hands it fine to DXO but exporting back does not work anymore. This is DXO's problem not Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance that LR5 will be updated to support the em5 mk2? I would really rather not have to pay for LR6 just for this feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not have updates to older versions of Lightroom once a new version has been released.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, Adobe is a bit bloody minded about this. I bought LR5 5 months ago and had to pony up again just for the EM-5MII. With the demise of Aperture at the hands of Cooke, LR slid into the monopoly position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a new policy its been so since inception. There is a free option provided through the use of the DNG converter and the latest version 9.0 provides support for the camera model.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have cc lightroom - updated to 5.7.1 which seems to be the last update.  I am running raw 8.7.1 and downloaded the raw 9 and installed it, but not updating in LR and can't import from my mark II.  any thoughts??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The Raw 9.0 is a plugin for PSCC only, not Lightroom. If you wish to process your images directly in Lightroom, without converting to DNG first, then you have to upgrade Lightroom 5.7.1 to LRCC (2015). If you have the CC subscription, this is a free upgrade. If you're not seeing the LRCC (2015) Install option in the CC desktop app, then try signing out and signing back in. Sign out is by clicking on the "gear" icon, select Preferences, select Sign Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have LR5 stand alone then to upgrade to LR6 is well hidden by Adobe BUT you can do it. What you do is BUY LR6 not the subscription CC but change BUY to Upgrade by clicking on it. Yes there is a drop down, no its not meant to be easy. They want you to go on to the subscription service. Its $80.

Note there is no version number in the CC version of Lightroom CC just a year date. At least that I can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me, I could not find it and assumed that I just needed to buy it again. Ah well.

I hope A will donate royally to Unicef.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also just purchased the OM-D 5 Mk 2. It is quite clear from the comments here that both Adobe and Olympus are living in the 1980's when it comes to this sort of thing. I have always used light room for maintaining all my camera files from my multiple cameras, and now I find I can't. Take a lesson from Apple please. There is no reason at all why a user should have to wait for the 'next upgrade' to use the latest cameras and the idea suggested by one that Adobe has to wait until the cameras are released is absurd.

Above should have a relationship with all the major manufacturers, If they are putting out a new format, not a new camera, which they have done in the case of the OMD 5 Mk 2, then Abode needs to be aware and immediately issue a small update file which can be downloaded from there website the day that the camera using there format is released. End of story, no if's or buts.

This is 2015.Adobe, change your act now, please. You have probably lost at least this customer as I do not accept that I have your software, and the release of a new camera makes it useless until the next upgrade. Perhaps someone at Adobe might respond to this and explain exactly what I am to do with my of files while I 'wait' for the next upgrade. I don'r use Photoshop and have no desire to use other tools (otherwise I wouldn't use Lightroom , get it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mk II has been supported since v6.0, see Cameras supported by Adobe Camera Raw

Otherwise you can use the DNG converter to convert your images and import into earlier versions of Lightroom.

Typically RAW support is added after the RAW format is finalised ... usually when a new product is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines