• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Supported lens profile not recognized

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version 7.2 of Lightroom Classic CC with version 10.2 of Camera Raw on Windows 10.

I'm shooting with the Canon EF 11-24mm f4 L lens mounted on a 5DmIII. This lens is listed as a supported lens, but when I try to apply automatic lens correction I get a message: "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically." When I try to locate the profile manually, the lens is not listed.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Rod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

In general, when a camera and lens is supported, that means: for Raw files.

JPG specific support is not usually provided, for advanced or professional cameras: only for some consumer type devices (such as cellphones).

If you have shot JPG in the camera, that is the likely explanation. A different, shorter list of profiles is present hence no auto lens recognition is even possible.

If you don't want to simply shoot Raw, it is possible to "kludge" a JPG specific profile by re-saving a copy of the Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, when a camera and lens is supported, that means: for Raw files.

JPG specific support is not usually provided, for advanced or professional cameras: only for some consumer type devices (such as cellphones).

If you have shot JPG in the camera, that is the likely explanation. A different, shorter list of profiles is present hence no auto lens recognition is even possible.

If you don't want to simply shoot Raw, it is possible to "kludge" a JPG specific profile by re-saving a copy of the Raw specific profile with some minimal changes.

(I've posted instructions for this here in the past, will try to find that. All that is needed is a text editor to make the changes. This new copy needs to be saved into the "user" lens profiles folder and then LR needs to be restarted. Once this profile is present within the profiles list, it can then be set as a new default selection.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I've posted instructions for this here in the past, will try to find that."  --- You couldn't please dig them out again could you? 

I bugs me that I can't apply the profiles to tiffs 😞

Cheers

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you are resurrecting a thread that is over two years old and was marked as answered. It’s unlike to attract the attention of many users, it would have been better if you had created a new thread.

When doing so please indicate what specific version of LrC, the camera body and specific lens.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure: once you have located the Raw based profile in the Adobe as-installed profiles area - for Windows, that is under

"C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0" - that can be opened into a text editor. Looking down the profile data you will come to a line

stCamera:CameraRawProfile="True" 

and by changing "True" to "False" the whole profile will hereafter support that different class of image.

This same statement may repeat further times below, but editing just that first instance seems to be enough.

Non-Raw profile support includes TIFF as well as JPG, but these corrections will only be suitable for un-cropped, un-corrected bitmap data -  since Raw image data would have been unmodified in those ways.

The edited profile then needs to be saved - I would append "non-Raw" to the filename - into the user profiles area: for Windows, that is 

"C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0".

It should not be saved (nor overwritten) into the as-installed profiles area, since that wouldn't get recognised by LRc. The user profiles area is only re-checked when LRc next starts up, and from that point on this lens profile becomes available. If not auto-recognised, it can get added as a user lens assignment in the same way as for a Raw-correcting lens profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

I was applying it to a TIFF. Other profiles have worked on TIFFs. I discovered that this one does work on RAW files.

I can make some minor adjustments to my workflow to avoid this problem.

Thanks,

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines