Highlighted

Switch to the Lightroom 6 version (license) vs Lightroom CC (subscription)

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:   Don't throw any stones but for some time I have used Capture One vs Lightroom.  I have never converted my Lightroom Catalog to Capture One.  I know I can do that and this is not my question. 

Question: If I purchase Lightroom 6 are my processed files under Lightroom CC (I stay current) be backword compatable?  

Objective: Simply stop the monthly subscription and maintain the ability to use Lightroom locally.  And eventually convert the files to Capture One.

I have read some of the related post but I did not find answers.   Thank you for any responses in adavance.

ps.... I do like Lightroom (a lot) but for me Capture was a better fit...

No catalog in Lightroom/Lightroom Classic is backward compatible. Any  catalog in Lightroom Classic cannot be used in Lightroom 6.

Also, I don't htink you can purchase Lightroom 6 any more.

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Switch to the Lightroom 6 version (license) vs Lightroom CC (subscription)

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background:   Don't throw any stones but for some time I have used Capture One vs Lightroom.  I have never converted my Lightroom Catalog to Capture One.  I know I can do that and this is not my question. 

Question: If I purchase Lightroom 6 are my processed files under Lightroom CC (I stay current) be backword compatable?  

Objective: Simply stop the monthly subscription and maintain the ability to use Lightroom locally.  And eventually convert the files to Capture One.

I have read some of the related post but I did not find answers.   Thank you for any responses in adavance.

ps.... I do like Lightroom (a lot) but for me Capture was a better fit...

No catalog in Lightroom/Lightroom Classic is backward compatible. Any  catalog in Lightroom Classic cannot be used in Lightroom 6.

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1