Highlighted

Switching accounts

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I need to change from a work account to a personal account wihtout losing any content,

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Switching accounts

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help, I need to change from a work account to a personal account wihtout losing any content,

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its on the same computer, just sign out of the Creative Cloud application and then sign in with the other account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding, I need to be more clear, I have been accessing LR with a work account, Im not going to be there much longer, so I need to set up a personal account and do not want to lose any images/catalogues etc...

Lorraine G. Glass MSc CSEP-CEP, NASM-CES
Instructor - Personal Fitness Trainer
School of Health and Life Sciences
NAIT, 11762 106 St NW
Edmonton AB T5G 2R1 Canada
P 780.471.8424 F 780.471.7463 E lglass@nait.ca
www.nait.ca
Connect with NAIT on: Twitter Facebook Instagram Pinterest YouTube

[cid:image001.png@01D62848.D213FD10]
.....................................................................................................................

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be more clear, I have been accessing LR with a work account, Im not going to be there much longer, so I need to set up a personal account and do not want to lose any images/catalogues etc...

Changing accounts does not cause you to lose images or catalogs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create an account with a new username and password, and subscribe Using the username and password. Yes, you will need a subscription to at least the photography plan if you are planning to use Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. If you have those applications installed on your personal computer then all you would have to do is go to the creative cloud manager and sign out then sign back in using your new personal username and password. If the catalogs and photos on your computer containing personal work then all you have to do is continue working on those catalogs and photos.

The same process applies if you are referring to Lightroom, which some people referred to as Lightroom CC (i.e. the cloud version of Lightroom).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently we need to be more clear. Your images and catalog are not tied to a specific account. They are basically independent entities accessed by Lightroom Classic. All that is necessary is for you to be logged in using a valid Adobe ID and password. If you log out, using the  Creative Cloud Application Manager, and then login using a new Adobe ID and password, that is all that is necessary. Then all you have to do is start Lightroom Classic. It will find the same catalog it was using before, connected with the same images, and all you have to do is start working again just as you did before. The only difference is that now you will be paying for the subscription rather than your employer, and you will be using a different Adobe ID and password. Everything else will remain the same. Program updates will be available to you when they are ready.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom with your work account? You posted your question in the Lightroom Classic forum, but I am guessing you are actually using Lightroom.

If you are using Lightroom, then your photos are in the cloud. Moving those images to a personal account may be very challenging. I would contact Adobe support for help.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, then your catalog and photos are on your computer. All you have to do is sign into your new personal account with the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines