• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching between images in dev mode very slow.

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 9.3 and switching between photos in the Dev module became very slow, 10-12 seconds. After a lot of messing around with settings and whatnot, I found that resizing Lightroom so it covered half the desktop sped things up considerably, changing selected photo reduced to less than a second.

Has anyone encountered this, does anyone have thoughts?

Edit: This is only in the Dev module, performance in the Library module, single image or grid, is just fine. And it does seem to be related to the main image display size; increasing the width of the side panels speeds things up a bit.

MacBook Pro, 15", 20019

32Gb

Radeon Pro Vega 20.4gb

Big Sur 11.0 Beta - I know but of necessity.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I've been through all of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's worth mentioning that this started happening immediately after upgrading to 9.3. No settings or preferences have been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines