Highlighted

Sync Album to Portfolio, images in reverse order

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help.

I have created a Portfolio web site, and am importinf from LR Classic. I spent ages making sure that the images in LR were in a Custom order that I wanted then to be displayed in, but when importing they appear in the exact opposite order !!..

It's not that the Import has reordered by name, date or anything else - it has just reversed them completely. Ok I thought - maybe I'll just reverse in LR - which I did - and reimported (after deleting page) - but same thing - now in the same order as LR which is the wrong otrder for me !!

Can anybody throw any light on how this happens and how I'm supposed to sort things out. (pun intended)

I know I can rearrange in Portfolio - but with a lot of images this can take a while - and I can then nevere Reset from LR, otherwise they are wrong again.

Thanks

Phil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync Album to Portfolio, images in reverse order

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope someone can help.

I have created a Portfolio web site, and am importinf from LR Classic. I spent ages making sure that the images in LR were in a Custom order that I wanted then to be displayed in, but when importing they appear in the exact opposite order !!..

It's not that the Import has reordered by name, date or anything else - it has just reversed them completely. Ok I thought - maybe I'll just reverse in LR - which I did - and reimported (after deleting page) - but same thing - now in the same order as LR which is the wrong otrder for me !!

Can anybody throw any light on how this happens and how I'm supposed to sort things out. (pun intended)

I know I can rearrange in Portfolio - but with a lot of images this can take a while - and I can then nevere Reset from LR, otherwise they are wrong again.

Thanks

Phil

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links Nancy, which I  had read, but these don't answer my query.

The FAQ states that;

"Not importing Lightroom Album Order

We import custom orders but not sort or view by date, last edited, etc. "

...mine is a Custom Order and is NOT staying as I have it in LR when imported.

Phil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to click the Contact Us link to submit a help request directly to the Portfolio support team.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

When things don't work the first time, it's often best to start over.  Just delete the current page.  Integrate a new album into Portfolio.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0