• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync always downloading 116 images

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being completely honest, I'm not entirely sure of the correct usage for Sync with Lightroom. At some point or another I enabled it for everything in my catalogue just so that I could easily view my photo library on my iPad. But that was a number of years ago and that iPad is no more.

That said I've noticed that some times when I shut down LR it tells me it's still downloading or uploading images and invariably I just tell it to resume the next time I launch LR and never thought much more about it.

I'm now just trying to optimise things a bit to try and eek out a little bit of extra performance and so I've now gone into preferences and LR Sync and noticed that at the bottom there are 116 files that it says that's it's downloading. But it ALWAYS says it's downloading and never actually seems to download them. No Asset/Path link is displayed for any of them and in the Sync Details/Error column for most of them in the shows Imac {ffar63u9u439u95 etc etc.

Clicking on them does nothing. I've tried doing Rebuild Sync Data but it just comes back with the same 116 images. I can't tell what these images are and it doesn't seem to be having any detrimental effect, at least not that I can tell, but I've no idea what it means, if I can clear these 116 images.

Any ideas what this means and how to clear/fix/resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely you added images or made some edits on your iPad, but 116 files never properly synced the files to the cloud.

Option 1

If you no longer want to sync any of your image files to the Cloud simply uncheck the double-arrow sync icon next to each Collection in the Collections panel. This should remove the pending sync for the 116 files and remove ALL of the image files in the Cloud.

Option 2

If you want to keep your image files synced to the Cloud go to lightroom.adobe.com and look for the 'Sync Errors' in your library albums. In the Library grid hover over the upper left corner of each image file and check the box. Once all of them have been checked click on Delete in the upper toolbar. The 116 image files will be removed from the Cloud, Lightroom Desktop (if installed) and your Lightroom Classic album, but the files will remain in their original folders inside LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines