• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync between LRC and LRCC scrambling photo order in collection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a LRC user nearly since it launched and every time in the past I tried LRCC, I couldn't find a place for it in my workflow.  Since my life has gotten more chaotic in recent months, I decided to give it another go.  My wife and I shoot together, so when we do weddings, there are a ton of photos and lots of overlap.  So I spend a bit of time culling the set and rearranging them so they tell the best narrative from two points of view. I discovered this week that my collection is randomly reordered when I sync between the two.  It doesn't seem to happen when I open the set with LRCC on my Surface Book 3, but when I go back to LRC on my desktop.  Something is happening when it syncs back the changes I made when mobile.  I originally though I had accidentally resorted them on the Surface, but last night it did it again and I am certain I didn't sort anything in LRCC.  I only worked on a few photos in the set.  When I got home, they were out of order again.  I've had to reorder the whole set 3 times now (over 400 photos).  And the order they are in isn't like they are put back in chronological order, alphabetical, or even by which camera was used: it seems totally randomized.  With one exception: it appears to only apply to the photos after the ones I worked on.  It seems like all the photo before the ones I worked on in LRCC are in the correct order.  Its all the following ones that are scrambled.  At least, that's what I noticed last night.  I really don't want to try again to see if it repeats itself....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has changed their naming yet again (overpaid marketers have to do something), and Lightroom CC is now officially plain "Lightroom".  (LRCC is itself ambiguous, since it could refer to old subscription versions of the traditional desktop version now called "Classic".)  So to keep our sanity, refer to the new cloud-based version as "Lightroom Cloud" or "Lightroom Mobile", which are perspicuous though not official names.

You may be tripping over a longstanding bug with custom order of collections and folders. Lightroom Classic 10 tried to fix it (a second time) but may have made things worse:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-limit-of-52-reorder...

If you have a collection whose custom order just won't stick, you may be able to workaround the problem by selecting all the photos in the collection and making a new collection, selecting the option Include Selected Photos.

Otherwise, you can roll back to LR 9.4, which has an earlier version of the bug that is less likely to strike most people most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info!  Interesting read, for sure, but this isn't really my issue.  My LRC custom sorting is working fine and I've never had an issue with it.  This issue I'm experiencing only occurs when syncing back to LRC from LR.  When I work in LRC, everything is as it should be.  I synced that collection to LR, work remotely, sync back those edits, and now my collection is randomly rearranged in LRC.  This happened consistently 3 times so I stopped working on that collection in LR remotely.  My LRC collection hasn't rearranged since I stopped using LR for those photos.  I'm now only using LR for smaller jobs, not working on the wedding remotely.  I still have that collection sync'd online, but it seems to only rearrange when I work on that specific collection in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LR Classic are you running?  (Do the menu command Help > System Info.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CC Agent set to keep everything up to date which I verified during Max that I had all the newest versions installed on all my devices.  I always keep everything up to date (btw, I'm not only a digital artist, I'm also an IT tech) so my Desktop LRC is Release 10 and my LR on my Surface Book is version 4.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

Your symptoms with custom collection order could well have the same underlying cause as the other linked bug report. LR 10's change to the implementation of custom order has exhibited a number of different symptoms, e.g.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines