• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Deleted Master Files

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a number of collections synced to CC so that I could access them on Lightroom for  ipad and was also using the ipad to store and uplaod files while traveling. Due to spotty wifi, I wound up with numerous upload errors which essentially made it so my CC account was unable to sync. Even one error will jam it up and I had hundreds. Rather than try to resolve them individuall and on the advice of Adobe Customer support, I just deleted everything from my cloud, as I was told that it would not affect locally stored files and I could resync my collections.  This does not seem to be the case.

First: All collections were stripped of photos - luckily i was able to rebuild from a catalog backup. Not as recent as I would have liked, but fine.

Second: Once I realized this was happening I paused the sync and never resumed it. It's bee n weeks now and I'm noticing a MAJOR PROBLEM:

Master files are missing off my local drive - essentially my top portfolio images. I have an offsite backup that I will be able to recover most from, albeit tediously, but I want to know a few things:

Why would  CC delete with my local files? I thought it just synced photos in and out of collections.

What could I have done differently, considering I had a sizeable logjam in my Sync?

What can I do now, considering that syncing is paused and I do not want to lose any more master files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone in trying to understand 'Sync' with Lr-Classic.

Have a read of this Lightroom-Queen forum thread that discusses this topic. You may find your answer within the thread posts-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/what-i-have-learned-about-lightroom-sync.39923/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a very frustrating outcome for you.

Can you post your Lightroom and OS versions please and an insight into the file format of your master files which have gone missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines