• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync in Progress Problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Exiting Lightroom Classic I get a "Sync in Progress" message stating that 39 photos are still syncing and giving the option to shutdown or continue.

In preferences, under "sync activity" in the Lightroom Sync tab I have a list of 39 photos that are shown to be uploading. 

I have stopped syncing of all of my previously synced collections and it has not made a difference

I am pretty sure that the 39 photos no longer exist.

I am on a 27 inch iMac runnining Catalina 10.15.7

A screen shot of the preferences box and the exit message is attached

1.  What can I do to get rid of the 39 photos and no longer receive the abovementioned message on exiting?

2.  What should I do to avoid this problem in the future

Regards

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Have you tried to re-build the Sync data in LR classic Preferences?

If you're seeing "Syncing photos" and it never goes away, try going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync, holding down Alt / Opt, and clicking the Rebuild Sync Data button that magically appears.  This should not change your existing synced collections or their contents, just rebuild the existing relationship between LR Classic and LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to re-build the Sync data in LR classic Preferences?

If you're seeing "Syncing photos" and it never goes away, try going to Preferences > Lightroom Sync, holding down Alt / Opt, and clicking the Rebuild Sync Data button that magically appears.  This should not change your existing synced collections or their contents, just rebuild the existing relationship between LR Classic and LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Tony, that worked and it was very easy

Regards

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried it but now, instead of being stuck on 350 photos, it is stuck on 5,375 photos. Amy other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Adobe sync nightmare. We are I believe hundred of thousand people having this issue. Unfortunately, none has found how to fix it.
Adobe is aware since years but not doing any work apparently. I hope they are working on it in the background but have not released any fix yet.

Be patient. I am living with this issue since 2 years now.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried it but now, instead of being stuck on 350 photos, it is stuck on 5,375 photos. Amy other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you. I have 155 photos syncing on LR Classic on my Windows 10 machine. I have tried all of the suggestions I have found from people including rebuilding the sync data in preferences, modifying the phones in question to see if they will try to re-sync, renaming or deleting the Sync.lrdata folder. It's just fustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

modifying the *photos in question. LOL, not the "phones."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines