Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync IPTC Date and Time to Exif DATA

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently having a problem synchronizing the recording date and time for various photos. I want to put several photos on the same creation date. I can synchronize the metadata (IPTC date and time) very nicely, but unfortunately this change has a very unreliable effect on the Exif data. Sometimes the change is accepted and sometimes not. Is there a possibility to write the data from the IPTC fields (recording date and time) directly into the EXIF data? After syncing the metadata, the correct data are in the IPTC fields.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Frank Weber

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

LR is a mess in this regard -- generally, you can't rely on editing IPTC Date Created from within LR.

In general, when you change IPTC Date Created in LR's Metadata > IPTC panel, LR doesn't update it's internal notion of capture date.  And when you export the photo, LR will set IPTC:DateCreated and EXIF:DateTimeOriginal in the exported photo from its internal notion of capture date, not from any value you've entered in the Metadata panel's IPTC Date Created.

But if the original photo is miss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

When you ask a question you always need to provide some basic information
-Forum quick start https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/ASK-Forum-Success-Guide-Efficiently-using-the-forums/t...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Questions-you-need-to-answer-to-receive-better-help/td-p/...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-post-and-get-your-issue-resolved-or-what-do-you-ne...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,

I use the latest version of LrC 10.1.1 on a Macbook Pro latest Version of MacOS 11.2.1

best regards Frank Weber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is a mess in this regard -- generally, you can't rely on editing IPTC Date Created from within LR.

In general, when you change IPTC Date Created in LR's Metadata > IPTC panel, LR doesn't update it's internal notion of capture date.  And when you export the photo, LR will set IPTC:DateCreated and EXIF:DateTimeOriginal in the exported photo from its internal notion of capture date, not from any value you've entered in the Metadata panel's IPTC Date Created.

But if the original photo is missing EXIF:DateTimeOriginal on import, then LR will set IPTC:DateCreated in the exported photo from the Metadata panel's IPTC Date Created field.   This probably accounts for the "unreliability" you're observing. 

"I want to put several photos on the same creation date."

If by this you mean (using LR's terminology) that you want to set all the photos to have the same capture date, you'll need a third-party plugin Capture Time To Exif.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

have many thanks for Your answer and tipps. That solves my problem.

Best regards Frank Weber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines