• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync looks perfect, but LrC edits not visible in LR online / CC / mobile

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've had sync issues before, but never like this. 

I work mostly on Lightroom Classic on PC, then view on Apple TV, sometimes edit a little in mobile versions (iPad/iPhone).

Today, I did some edits, made sure LrC actually synced. I wanted to see them elsewhere. Everything was perfectly synced up according to LrC - no errors, messages, notifications or anything else out of the ordinary.

None of the other options show the edits I did today. Everything else from my last edits (approx. 1 week ago) are there, all good. 

Has anyone else had this, or can explain it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Actually, since early this morning, it all seems to be working again. I think there was an issue with the Adobe servers. Seems like a false alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so LrC sync smart previews up to your Adobe Cloud storage and those smart previews are available to Lightroom on your mobile devices. Does that sync process work for you and allow your edits in Lightroom?

How do you share/ view on Apple TV and other applications elsewhere?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, I have collections in LrC which are set to sync to "Sync with Lightroom" (only smart previews). 

Until yesterday, wherever else I opened the collections on LR web / LR CC (on PC) / LR mobile / LR apple TV, any edits would appear seamlessly.

Now, I've noticed that the actual Cloud/Sync icon in LrC actually stays green all the time - it does not actually do any syncing, although it is telling me everything is synced. Normally, I'll make an edit, and for a few seconds, I'll see the icon get the rotating blue circle while it is actually syncing. This is currently not happening at all.

In addition, I've noticed that I cannot actually install Adobe apps through the Creative Cloud app. I wanted to install LR CC, and it always gave me error 113 after getting to 5%, apparently not able to reach Adobe servers. I tried 3 different WiFi networs including my iPhone hotspot, and it was all the same. Strangely enough, I went to Adobe CC on the web, and was able to install LR CC directly from the browser - no problem. 

I have the feeling these issues are related.

TL;DR: LrC says all is synced, though it does not appear to actually do any syncing to Adobe Cloud. There is a server communication issue in general with Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, since early this morning, it all seems to be working again. I think there was an issue with the Adobe servers. Seems like a false alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to learn that you have discovered the solution to your problem and for sharing the information here.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "Until yesterday, wherever else I opened the collections on LR web / LR CC (on PC) / LR mobile / LR apple TV, any edits would appear seamlessly." End quote.

Do you have more than one Adobe Creative Cloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Denis, just to follow up on your question: It is one Adobe CC account, with LrC and LR both on the PC (though LR is not really used - I just wanted to see if the edits had been synced to CC).

Then I have LR installed on an iPad, an iPhone and on an Apple TV, all logged in with the same account.

And I think what was happening is quite clear - LrC wasn't actually syncing to the Adobe Cloud, that's why none of the other LR applications were updating the edited versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just some more thoughts and questions.

There are several Lightroom applications.

Lightroom Classic (LrC) for computer installation. Current version 10.0

Lightroom (Lr) for computer installation. Current version 4. I believe this is what you refer to as Lr CC?

Lightroom Mobile for mobile iPhone, Smart phones, iPad and Tablets. Current version 6.

Do you have Lr 4 installed on the same computer as LrC 10?

Do you have Lr Mobile installed on several mobile devices and are they all running version 6.

If so I find it very strange that all mobile devices have stopped syncing at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines