• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync LR CC album with LR classic cataloged album

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I don't think my question has been adressed before, and I believe what I want to achieve is impossible, but I'll ask to be sure. 

I like to have all my full originals stored in the adobe cloud, and to do that I import new images in LR CC. So this way, not only can I access them anywhere, but also I know I have a cloud backup of my full originals. 

At the same time, I like to have those same full originals stored on a local drive, and catalog them in LR classic. To do that, I simply import my images in classic, and catalog them, so I can access them and organize them as I want within the drive. 

The question is, can the cataloged images and cloud images sync? 

I know that LR classic collections can by synced with CC, but then only smart previews go to the cloud. 

I also now that I can set the LRCC preferences to store all originals on a local drive, but if I do that all the files will be stored in year/month based folders automatically created by the app, and I can't reorganize the files on the local folders as I wish (something I can do with cataloged images within classic).

This is not what I wish to achieve. Let me give an example. I have a cataloged subfolder named "vietnam" in a "2019" folder in Lightroom classic. I can find those same folder and subfolder in the finder. Now let say I want the full originals of that subfolder to be also in the cloud and access them from a device not connected to the drive where the files are locally stored. What I would do is re-import all the images in LR CC so that way they are in the cloud as well.

Now, what if I review these images from LR CC and decide to delete some of them. How can I do to have those images also deleted from the cataloged album in classic? And vice versa? Is that possible? 

Hope it is clear, and thanks already for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I think I found a way to achieve what I want. 

I can import my pictures in Lightroom CC so I have the full originals in the cloud. I uncheck the option to save the files locally, but in Lightroom classic, I can select all the pictures in a collection corresponding to a LRCC album, and drag them to a folder in the lightroom classic catalog. That way the pictures will be copied locally in a folder of my chosing. And I have the full originals both in the cloud and on my drive in the folder that I choose. 

Am I correct? 

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines