Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync LR6 and LR mobile

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I run LR6 on PC and LR mobile on Android and iOS. The Android and iOS tablets sync nicely. LR6 on PC says it's synced, but there are no images. I did a fresh install, logged on to my Adobe Account, everything looks ok - no images.

Please help me to get sync working. What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 6 has no mobile features, cannot sync with Android or IOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I can't believe that.

In my understanding you don't sync files with an app or a program, but you transfer them to network storage and read it from there. I pay for 100GB cloud space from Adobe. So for example when I edit photos on my iPad in the morning it transfers the files and edits to that cloud space, not directly to my Android tablet. Later in the evening I use the Android tablet, it accesses the network storage and reads files and stuff. Everything works fine.

Now I just want to do the same with my PC with the same product - Adobe LR. I want an Adobe product to access an Adobe service I pay for. Are you trying to tell me, that this won't work? Where does LR6 sync files to? Adobe Cloud space, right? I login to the same account on all three devices, so I should get access to the same data, right?

If that doesn't work, there is something absolutely wrong and broken. I guess, that it might be a configuration issue, but I didn't find any options in the apps, LR6 or my Adobe Profile. Any ideas?

P.S. I already read a few other threads and yes - the images appear on lightroom.adobe.com- so they are definitely there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will stick with my statement. Lightroom 6 did not have "cloud" features allowing sharing photos with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pay for the 1TB plan then you have to use the Lightroom Cloud Centric desktop computer program to sync your images with the Adobe Web/Mobile system.

As said by dj_paige LR 6 never did have the ability to sync with the cloud system. That was something that only the Subscription based version of LR had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once Adobe came out with LR Version 7, then 8 then now 9, all Sync features from previous versions STOPPED.

Simple fact is you are using a 5 year old version that is no longer supported in any way.

Even if you had a subscription that you paid for every month BUT still insisted on used LR CC 2015.x (which is the same version as LR 6 but with a different way to activate it), for whatever reason, the Sync with the web/mobile system feature would NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Well, LR6 is enough for my postprocessing needs, so I saw no reason to upgrade it. Then I discovered the mobile versions of LR and they work pretty well. I started syncing my image files with the cloud space to be able to work on 2 different devices and it worked well and since LR6 has a feature, that says "sync", I couldn't imagine, that Adobe would just stop the sync service for LR6. I mean... just imagine: You buy a mobile phone. A year later the company introduces the next model and at the same time your old phone stops working. Ridiculous.

Ah well - I guess I can't do anything about it. Thanks for the explanations to both of you and stay healthy!

Regards,

Th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your analogy.

The Phone doesn't stop working but you can't upgrade to newer versions of some apps with the older phone and OS that is running on it. And you can't upgrade the OS either.

Happens all the time. With Phones and computers.

This is the same.

Go and see if Microsoft is still supporting Window 98, or XP or even Win 7. No they aren't. 3 of their most popular OS's.

I have a Dell i8200 notebook that is running XP (still works just like the day I got it in 2003) I can't install Windows 10 on it let alone any modern Adobe programs.

In fact I can't install the newest version of Adobe's Premiere Pro program on my main desktop system. CPU is to old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your argument, but that wasn't my point. I am not talking about upgrades, updates etc. The service, that I want to access, is still the same and hasn't changed. Still I get locked out. I'll give you another example. After introducing the next model of your car petrol stations refuse to sell you fuel, just because your car is an older version. That's what happening here. I am not talking about new technology like e-cars. Ofc at some point there is incompatibility. LR6 easily *could* access the Adobe cloud space, technology wise. Your old car could access the fuel pump, technology wise. But they tell you: go buy - or even better - rent the new car model from us, then we'll sell you fuel. This is how it looks to me. This might be wrong - I don't know the technical details of the Adobe cloud Technology.

We can stop here. I understand, that this feature is not available in LR6 because Adobe disabled it, not because I made a configuration or login mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, and every one else that has a subscription, make a payment every month to use that service.

You paid Once to get a Program. You didn't pay anything to use the web/mobile service.

So you can't use it with LR 6. Case Closed.

No argument only facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my previous posts? I pay a monthly subscription fee and sync my files between 2 mobile devices. And I can access my files via web just fine. No arguments, just facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I understand, that this feature is not available in LR6 because Adobe disabled it, not because I made a configuration or login mistake."

If you have LR 6, you did not pay for this service. It was never enabled in LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a thread "Sync from LR mobile to LR Clasic has stopped" in this forum where another user had sync problems from LR classic to LR mobile in December 2019 and as far as I understand it, he solved them. There are more threads that describe specific sync problems - like different folder order, missing files, etc. If LR classic never ever had a sync feature, how do you explain these posts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning,

here's a little update from my side. It seems to work. I went into the settings dialog on LR 6.14 and clicked through all tabs because I was searching for something. I also checked the "Lightroom mobile" tab as I did many times before and got distracted by a phone call. Came back to the notebook a few minutes later and all of a sudden there was activity on that tab! Syncing 4000-something photos the program told me. It's still running and I won't touch anything until it stops 😉 I will keep you updated.

Did Adobe changed something? If so - thanks for the fix.

Th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines