Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync metadata

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.
My problem is how can I sync metadata to multiple images at once. Taking a picture at a time is slow. My computer is ASUS X552C and the operating system is Windows 10

Adobe Lightroom Classic version is 10.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Metadata does not sync to images as it should. I've done it according to the instructions, but the form does not appear.
The Sync Metadat in the bottom right panel does not turn white so you don't let it click.
Adobe Lightroom Classic version is 10.1.1 I don't know which peep?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system that sync button is not available unless there is more than one image selected.

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 4.44.53 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem with not letting you select any images. Synchronize metadata button remains grayed out.

I don't have a Mac. So how to do the same in Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing is copying/pasting from one image to another, so you must have at least two images selected before you can sync anything. You can select more that two images however. In that case the chosen settings will sync from the 'most selected' image to all the other selected images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem with not letting you select any images. Synchronize metadata button remains grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain in more detail (step by step) what it is you are trying to do and doesn't work? I do not understand what the problem is: no possibility to select multiple images or no possibility to sync metadata.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! When I'm Library module where the images have already been exported. Then when I try to sync metadata to the images it fails. Does not allow to select more than one image and does not open it in the Synchronize Metadata form.
At the bottom right, Sync Metadata stays gray so you can't click on it.
And doesn't open more images where the Metadata could be put. None of the images succeed.
I put a picture if that would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not use the Insert/edit link to attach image files use the icon two spaces to the left "Insert Photos" so that the images will be displayed in your post. 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the image you linked to your post above it does not show that you have anything selected to sync. You can also view some of the images I attached which show what data will be synced.

Hope this sorts out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, in the Library module go to "Grid view" and select the image you wish to sync metadata from, hold down the "shift key" then right-click on the images you wish to sync metadata from the most selected image to. Then you can proceed, see the screen captures.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 9.10.13 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-02-26 at 9.11.32 AM.png

On the first screen capture, the first row images are selected the first selected the other images are the ones that will have the metadata synced to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I did follow the instructions, Sync Metadata will not turn white. The form to fill in the Synchronize Metadata does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand how this works. You first need to select multiple photos. Click on the photo with the metadata you want to sync to other photos to select it, then shift-click on the next photo(s) to select these too. Then you can click the Sync Metadata button. If you only have one photo selected, then there is nothing to sync and so the button is dimmed.

1 2021-02-26 15-31-58.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I misunderstand, but why Sync Metadata doesn't change the color of that data. There were nine pictures and I did the data one by five. The data included the model of the camera, etc. Nothing but nothing came to the four. Do they have to be done individually? Slow down if you have to.
Which key command to get multiple images selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of helpful tutorials available at the link below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got Metadata Synced. I selected all the images Crtl + A At which time Sync Metadata also opened in white. The issue was resolved with a key command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you get a book about how Lightroom Classic works. It seems we have spent all this time because you did not know how to select multiple images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines