Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync pending problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
since I upgrade my iPhone SE 1st gen to iOS 13.7 my lightroom classic 9.4 has sync problems:
the cloud seems to work well, I can import automatically images taken from phone to my local library and upload galleries from my mac but sync process is always pending (the wheel spins for hours despite having synchronized only one photo).

This happens only with photos (both jpg and dng) taken after upgrading iOS to 13.7 (sept 2020),
no problem with the images taken previously and with all those made with other cameras.

After looking for similar problems I have already tried:

- Rebuild sync data in the preferences panel

- Log out/in my Lightroom Classic account

- Uninstall/install mobile app from my iPhone

- Erase all image from cloud

- Duplicate and rename my library

- Erase *sync.lrdata file in LR cathalog

but nothing worked for me.. 😞

any idea or suggestion?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tip but as i wrote it was the first thing i did and unfortunately it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote ” I can import automatically images taken from phone to my local library and upload galleries from my mac”

Could you explain exactly.what you mean by this?

Do you mean the images are synced from your Adobe Cloud Storage and then synced to your Mac?

Do you sync Collections from LrC to the Cloud storage?

Do you also have Lr Desktop (cloud-based) app installed on your Mac?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean sync apparently works, photos taken via LR mobile's camera are successfully transferred to my local library (LR Classic 9.4) and to the cloud.
uploading galleries is ok too, but the synchronization process is always pending...

Schermata 2020-09-30 alle 16.17.22.jpgSchermata 2020-09-30 alle 16.28.32.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that you have one image file that is stuck, it may be an unsupported format e.g. Video or tiff not saved for max compatibility. Check your synced collections and your phone.

You only answered two of the four questions I asked in my previous post.

Please share all relevant info.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry maybe I didn't explain myself well ... the problem concerns jpgs and dngs, I haven't tried with video files or tiffs since I never use them.

I try to explain myself better by describing one of the procedures I tried:
- I deleted all images from the cloud and emptied the recycle bin
- I took a photo through the camera of my iphone using the LR app and so far so good, the photo is uploaded correctly on the cloud (I can also see it by logging into my account via browser)
IMG_921AD6933AD4-1.jpegIMG_E12BD55DD1F3-1.jpeg

- then I open LR Classic on my Mac (I have never installed LR cloud based ..) after a few moments the same photo is downloaded as always in the position I have defined but, while not applying any type of editing, the image is always sync pending.
when the image is edited on the mac I can also see the changes on the mobile device and vice versa but the wheel keeps spinning ..
Schermata 2020-09-30 alle 22.04.52.jpg

As I wrote previously, the synchronization of the collections works but, even in this case, if they contain images taken by iphone SE 1st gen after the upgrade to version 13.7 they, even if they are ulodated, remain in synchronization status.
I hope I was clear in the explanation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand what you are saying. Your phone is syncing the images you take with it and you say you can view the images on your computer. The problem is on your computer where there is an image in one of the collections you have created and selected to sync that is not syncing. You need to identify the image and remove it from the collection. Post screen captures of the left panel of the Library Module so we can view the following sections, Catalogs, Folders, Collections.

Towards the top left panel in the Library Module there is the area under Catalogs ”All Synced Photographs” this represents all images that have been synced from all your connected devices Phone and Computer it should match to the number shown on your Phone. See my screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 8.45.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also from the Collection is there section that shows collections from mobile devices. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 8.55.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks again for your answer but I think you are underestimating my knowledge of lightroom, the problem is not the identification of the photo and its deletion, that would be too simple and does not solve the problem ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe posting the issue in the Lightroom Mobile forum which is focused on Mobile devices this forum is focused on Lightroom Classic the Computer app. Hopefully others in this forum can come up with other suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken a clip from another thread with a couple tips. See if helps.

D0ADCA48-9D0B-4052-811C-A5F9879EC8E3.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Try going to Lightroom > Preferences and there is an option to view sync issues. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 10.27.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines