Sync presets between 2 desktop Devices

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it not possible to sync the presets and templates between 2 desktops.

I have a desktop and laptop and would like to use the same settings, presets and templates on them both.

I can only find how to sync with mobile. Don't need to sync photos or catalogs just the presets and templates.

How can I do that.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Presets or profiles, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Welcome to the Adobe community! Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you're using?

With Lightroom (Cloud not Classic), it is possible to sync presets between 2 computers. The presets you create or import are synced across all devices on which you have installed Lightroom. This is not available in Lightroom Classic. In Lightroom Classic you would need to import the presets on the second computer manually.

If you wish, you can submit a feature request to bring this feature to Lightroom Classic as well by posting it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

This forum is monitored directly by our developers. They can review the feature request & may implement it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic will only sync one Catalog at a time.

You can sync LrC with Lr (desktop) not LrC to LrC.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.4, LrC 10.3, Lr 4.3, Ps 22.4.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to sync the presets and templates between 2 desktops.

Assuming Lightroom-CLASSIC on both computers-

Copy Develop Presets in {Camera Raw} folder,  and 'other' template Presets in the {Lightroom} folder. Then Paste to the other computers same folders.

FILE LOCATIONS

Transfer via a USB stick, or use your {Creative Cloud Files} storage to 'Copy' the Presets & Templates that will be available to 'Save' to same folders on any computer with CC.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.3, Photoshop 22.4.2, Lightroom 4.3, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the workaround that Wobert suggests, this is a manual process and will not happen via sync.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.4, LrC 10.3, Lr 4.3, Ps 22.4.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines