Highlighted

Sync problems

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a iMac and have an Adobe Photography subscription 20 GB for 3.5 years now. My Adobe data are on a external hard drive. I have several problems:

1. After starting LR Classic, I keep getting the screen " Lightroom cannot write to the following folders. until this issue is resolved, it may not sync correctly." I can choose between "Show in Finder" or "OK". Show in Finder shows the main folders of my internal drive. I can't do anything whith this, so I click OK. Then I go to the left column and choose the external hard drive. Now I can work with LR. What can I do to get rid of this stat up message?

2. Above my name left there is 1309 photo's to sync (to LR CC). But all connections that I want are already synchronized. Via preferences / LR sync I can see why it is: upload 6, download 0 and queue 1247.

What I am doing wrong? How do I fix this?

3. My LR CC (Mobile) contains 9 albums with a total of 1404 photo's I don't want to put more in this file. But "My Photo's" contains 8572 photo's! Most in the folder "By Date". Here are thousands of photo's. How they got there is a mistary to me. However, the number of photo's is not equal to the amount of photo's in LRClassic. How do I get rid of this? When I look at settings I see that 80,8 GB has been used. That should not be possible with my 20 GB subscription! 

Who can and wants to help me? Many thanks in advance.

Olaf Olofsen.

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync problems

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a iMac and have an Adobe Photography subscription 20 GB for 3.5 years now. My Adobe data are on a external hard drive. I have several problems:

1. After starting LR Classic, I keep getting the screen " Lightroom cannot write to the following folders. until this issue is resolved, it may not sync correctly." I can choose between "Show in Finder" or "OK". Show in Finder shows the main folders of my internal drive. I can't do anything whith this, so I click OK. Then I go to the left column and choose the external hard drive. Now I can work with LR. What can I do to get rid of this stat up message?

2. Above my name left there is 1309 photo's to sync (to LR CC). But all connections that I want are already synchronized. Via preferences / LR sync I can see why it is: upload 6, download 0 and queue 1247.

What I am doing wrong? How do I fix this?

3. My LR CC (Mobile) contains 9 albums with a total of 1404 photo's I don't want to put more in this file. But "My Photo's" contains 8572 photo's! Most in the folder "By Date". Here are thousands of photo's. How they got there is a mistary to me. However, the number of photo's is not equal to the amount of photo's in LRClassic. How do I get rid of this? When I look at settings I see that 80,8 GB has been used. That should not be possible with my 20 GB subscription! 

Who can and wants to help me? Many thanks in advance.

Olaf Olofsen.

Topics

Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting a OS notificationthat your Username does not have the rights, permission, to write to a certain folder then you have to allow that to happen by changing the permissions setting through the operating system.

Search Google for instruction on how to do that on a Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, standard MACOS question. Is this Catalina?

If Catalina, the following applies

Outside if Lightroom, in your MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic, and while you are at it, for Photoshop, make sure all boxes are checked .

9B66AE5F-DB80-4ACB-8B3E-7B40FD52FFFD.png

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

If you save photos in the MACOS folder Photos, then scroll up to Photos, and make sure Lightroom Classic can access that folder.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines