Highlighted

Sync says I'm using 19 GB but there are no files in the cloud

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started with the Adobe Photography plan and before I could figure out how to stop cloud syncing it supposedly put 19GB of files out there and is telling me my cloud storage is almost full.  I went to my cloud storage acount and looked under My Work, Files, Synced Files - No Files; Cloud Documents - No Files.  Notification in the lower left corner, 19.4GB used.  Where are the files?  I want to delete them.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync says I'm using 19 GB but there are no files in the cloud

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started with the Adobe Photography plan and before I could figure out how to stop cloud syncing it supposedly put 19GB of files out there and is telling me my cloud storage is almost full.  I went to my cloud storage acount and looked under My Work, Files, Synced Files - No Files; Cloud Documents - No Files.  Notification in the lower left corner, 19.4GB used.  Where are the files?  I want to delete them.

Topics

Cloud storage web assets, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in the worng place.

Do you have the mobile version of Lr install on your phone or pad?

If you do and take pictures with the Lr app or import images you take with your phone/pad into Lr Mobile then those are uploaded to the Lr Web system and use the 20GBs of space allotted to you.

To see that you go to lightroom.adobe.com. Sign in with your Adobe ID and you will see all the images uploaded to the Lr Web system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the desktop version for Windows.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Desktop Version"- And thus the confusion caused by Adobe's naming stupidity is abundent!

Is that Lightroom-Classic, or Lightroom-Desktop  operating on your 'Desktop'?

One is a 'Local-Folder' version, the other is a 'Photos in the Cloud' version.

Please Go- MENU: Help > System Info  And screenclip the report you see.

Did you go to-  lightroom.adobe.com in your web browser and look at the photos in your Cloud storage as suggested by Just Shoot Me?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum. To the LrC forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok lets start over.

What EXACT version of Lr is installed on your Desktopp Computer. To find that out go to the Help Menu in whatever version of Lr you have installed and select System Info. Copy and paste the first 5 lines from the dialog window that comes up into a reply to this conversation.

So you do not have the Lr Mobile version installed on any of your Mobile devices, Phones or pads?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm into my 2nd day of trying to use this and am about ready to throw it out.  I have LightRoom and LightRoom Classic(?).  This is what Lightroom says:

Lightroom version: 3.3 X64 [ 20200611-1039-7df19f1 ] (Jun 11 2020)
NGL Version: 1.17.0.35
WF Version: 2.3 developer
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18363]

This is what Lightroom Classic says:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Business Edition
Version: 10.0.18363

From what little I've been able to figure out so far, Lightroom Classic appears to be a much better program.  For example, it allows me to select multiple photos and the select Edit in Photoshop and they all come in as layers.  Regular Lightroom will only let me selet one photo to Edit in Photoshop.  If I select more than one photo, the Edit in Photoshop option is greyed out.  That alone makes that version useless for me.  From what I can see, I don't know why anyone would use it. 

I was originally using Lightroom and not the Classic version. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there is your problem. Lr 3.3.

These 2 program were Never, ARE NOT, meant to be installed on the same computer, or even 2 different computers under the "Photographers" Subscription plan. Even though with the photographers subscription plan you have access to the Lr Cloud base program version and can install it.

You have imported images into Lightroom (No Classic or any CC/Whatever letters after the name) which is the CLOUD BASED version and every image you import to that program get Uploaded to the online Lr Web system.

Also this conversation started with you asking how could you be using 19GBs of Adobe storage space when you go to the Creative Cloud section of the Adobe site there are No files showing. And I said you are in the wrong place, wrong system. You need to go to the Lightroom Web system, lightroom.adobe.com, to View what image files you have Synced from Lr to the web system.

You have not yet said you did that.

Now this conversation has morphed into something complete different

Here is what you need to do, IMHO.

Uninstall "Lightroom" 3.3. Go to the lightroom Web system and Delete all the images found there, making sure you have Local backups of those images before you delete them. Maybe even start a New Catalog and or Clean up your current LrC catalog to remove  anything that was downloaded from the web system that had originally been uploaded to that system from Lr 3.3.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic appears to be a much better program. 

It is TOTALLY different- Oranges and Apples!  Lr-Classic v9.3 has been developed over 10 years- very capable software.

Regular Lightroom will only let me selet one photo to Edit in Photoshop. 

The limitations of 'new' software designed for mobile devices!

I don't know why anyone would use it. 

If you are a 'mobile only' (iPhone, iPad, etc) then this is the Lightroom to use (Lightroom v3.3)

I was originally using Lightroom and not the Classic version. 

Then I suspect that you 'Imported' photos to Lightroom and ALL these imported files were synced to your Cloud storage. (That is where Lightroom stores your files!)

Using both Lr & LrC together is very problematic.

From your expression of usage with Ps you need to continue using Lightroom-CLASSIC v9.3

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC

*Do not delete files from the 'Cloud' until you are certain you have copies on your hard-drive for 'local' import to Lightroom-CLASSIC!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines