• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Settings not working

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with synch settings all of a sudden.  Making changes in one file, I should be able to select another file and click the 'sync settings' to get the other files to have the same settings.  As of today, doing so does not export those settings to the other selected file(s).    The adjustment icons appear on the selected files, but when you look at the images in 'Develop' there have in fact been no synced changes.  I've tried updating my MacOS  (10.13) and my Lightroom (2015.12).  I've even reset my preferences, all to no use.  Thanks ahead of time for help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I figured it out.

If the source image's WB has not been changed from the raw file's imported setting, i.e. the WB panel says "As Shot", then when you synchronize or copy/paste from the source image, what is set in the target is "As Shot", and NOT the actual settings from the source image.  I.e. instead of pasting the source image's Temp/Tint values, it just resets the target image to ITS OWN "As Shot" values, having nothing to do with the source image's settings.

If the source image's settings hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, same bug noticed in latest LR/ (Classic CC) - this makes editing of many images captured in same conditions impossible. Tried to sync for white balance many selected images in develop module. WB settings do not  become synced across images. The same is true when trying "copy & paste" WB settings - it does not get propagated. This is a critical bug. It worked for years before. Current Classic CC is full of bugs and performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mein Gott, I've had this problem trouble me for a month or two and it's actually just related to White Balance and that silly "As Shot" flag. First changing the white balance to something else and then syncing settings worked for me as well. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work on my latest CC LR7.01version on Mac. no way to get synced white balance or other parameters - neither in library not in develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sven+OM  wrote

Does not work on my latest CC LR7.01version on Mac. no way to get synced white balance or other parameters - neither in library not in develop mode.

There is an update to V 7.1. Install that and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done - no change, no fix unfortunately. Is there any other way to post errors than this forum? The release notes for 7.1 mention only so few known bugs - and no words about bugs and performance issues discussed in this forum :I(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to correct - it works as Jim said. Tested on LR7.1. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any workaround? Any way to sync white balance between images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still doesn't work on Windows 10, although it works on Mac.

Could it be the configuration of my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diegohblack  wrote

Could it be the configuration of my PC?

I doubt this to be a configuration issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the accepted answer?  You cannot sync "as shot" settings -- well, you can but it just changes the target image's setting to "as shot" (i.e. the target image's as-shot values) instead of copying the source image's numerical parameter values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jim+Garrison  wrote

Did you read the accepted answer?  You cannot sync "as shot" settings

My answer was correct even that I misread sync as cloud sync and not sync over a bunch of pictures. My error.

No as a work around for the error:

Set as shot, if not as shot. Change to custom.

I don't think that this is a bug. I think it is by design.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to 'As shot' under WB settings? (I don't know of another place). If so, I don't think this has anything to do with 'As shot' vs another white balance setting since it affects all colour settings including those generated by the user in LR (ie not jjust Temp/Tint) these are by definition not 'as shot'. I have also found it makes no difference whether WB changed from As shot to Custom once this problem starts. Even if it did, why woulkd it be by design? What's the advanatage? I think it still points to a bug because an extra step required to make a previously working feature work again is a bug, particularly if it is intermittent.

Given the variation in timeframe for people finding this probelm - e.g. dphershman reported this 10 months ago, but I've only had it a month or two - there must be some action that triggers it...I wonder what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see my answer elsewhere on this feed about secondary displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas it's not workiing on my Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working on this Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. The pop up window was showing on the secondary display, but the secondary display was off. All I had to do was turn the secondary display on, drag the window to the display I always use, and then it was fixed forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain it little further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this just worked for me too, the 2nd monitor thing, thankyou!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sync settings inn LR classic also not working here. neither autosync nor sync nor copy/paste settings does work properly, it will apply settings to some photos and not to all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync development not working, how? The best feature of Lightroom gone. Headache...

Select few image and press "Sync", nothing happen, active auto sync and press "Sync", auto sync turn back to off....??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's happening with me, I have source image which was cropped because of camera settings and I recovered the edges through DNG recover edges plugin, once I recovered the edges and changed the image setting from AS SHOOT to Original, and tried to sync the same setting for rest of the images, it does not worked, I called the Adobe technical team and wasted whole night with them, but they were failed to resolve the isssue, I have hunderds of images in one Time Lapse and I can't change there settings manually, some sequences are over 1000 images.
This bug started last night, before it was working fine, I tried to install the old Lightroom versions, even tried to change the catalog and many other ways, resetting preferessings, going to default settings, whatever possible I did, but nothing work, this is a big bug for lightroom and they must address it seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this problem, and it is not due to syncing to a "as shot" image. I set the first image from "as shot" to "daylight." Then when I sync all the other images, the basic panel for each image says it is set to daylight, but the Temp and Tint settings are still the "as shot" settings; different for every image, not set to the "daylight: vlaues.

Never saw this on previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous command is doing the same thing - says it set white balance to Daylight, but didn't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Develop Parameters Sync, i.e. WB is working _somehow_ in the new version (10.1). However, if the file that we want to paste the settings from another one has already been "synced", then the new settings don't apply. At least I had to reset all files I wanted to paste the new development settings to. Then it works, but sometimes when I paste the dev settings to several files not all of them get the new settings. 
And here is another issue in the LR: I cannot reset all files by selecting them and clicking 'Reset' button. I have to reset each file one after another... That can be painful if there are ~300 files to reset.
Lightroom Classic gets worse and worse and I think the aim here is to force the users to use the cloud version sooner or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear. A group of files can be reset in the Library module, but not in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines