Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sync up photos between 2 computers using collection

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I've been looking into solution for syncing up part of my work on laptop with master workstation.

Scenario:

1. workstation with hungred of photos and large catalog

2. laptop with small catalog with only pictures that are currently being edited

Latop and workstation catalogs are not the same in content, workstation is kind'a master that holds everything and laptop is just on daily basis used and photos are edited and removed from catalog. Laptop became my main editing machine where workstation holds everything and is used to make final corrections where all photos remain.

I would like my work on laptop automatically to sync up with workstation catalog.

Current solution that i use:

Whenever i'm done with editing, i'm exporting the work as catalog and then importing it into workstation. But that is of course manual.

Expected solution (hybrid)

I put edited photos in the collection that is synced up with master workstation on which i can pull them out from collection and store in proper folders. Then i can again remove photos from collection to make space for new work.

Problem is that i can sync up only 1 catalog that will sync up 30k photos that are synced up by master workstation. Is there any way to prevent syncing up all photos on laptop and just do 1 folder syncup and have same catalog used on both ends but with different content? Not sure if i was clear...

If that's not available is it possible to get thys type of hybrid feature?

BR
Lukas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would like my work on laptop automatically to sync up with workstation catalog."

Lightroom Classic does not do this. The newer software named Lightroom which stores your photos in the cloud does do this.

"Current solution that i use:

Whenever i'm done with editing, i'm exporting the work as catalog and then importing it into workstation. But that is of course manual."

This is the correct solution for Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i know that Adobe Lightroom does this, but it does not have all the capabilities of CC yet.

I know about this magic import/export, but thought that there is something in between like sync up via catalog and then just move them into correct folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... but thought that there is something in between like sync up via catalog and then just move them into correct folder."

There is nothing like this when you are using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to accomplish what you are looking for is  to have the catalog AND the images on an external hard drive that can be moved between the two computers. I know, that isn't ideal. But if you want to use Lightroom Classic, and want to edit the images on  two different computers, that is the easiest way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I will stay then with import/export function 😞

I was counting that will be able to use adobe cloud space for which i'm paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines