Highlighted

Synching Problems

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know how to stop the synching of photos in my Lightroom Classic that were imported from my iphone 6. All 677 images are in a "All Synced Phoyographs" file under the Catalogue section. There is a second syncing folder in the Folder section which includes my iPhone name and it only includes 255 images.  So I need help with 3 problems:1. How do I stop the synching? 2. What do I need to do to make sure the images are in my Lightroom Catalogue? 3. Why the two separate synching folders and what do I do about them? I also still have 4 photos synching. (macOS Catalina version 10.15.3 )

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Synching Problems

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know how to stop the synching of photos in my Lightroom Classic that were imported from my iphone 6. All 677 images are in a "All Synced Phoyographs" file under the Catalogue section. There is a second syncing folder in the Folder section which includes my iPhone name and it only includes 255 images.  So I need help with 3 problems:1. How do I stop the synching? 2. What do I need to do to make sure the images are in my Lightroom Catalogue? 3. Why the two separate synching folders and what do I do about them? I also still have 4 photos synching. (macOS Catalina version 10.15.3 )

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answers TBMK-

1. How do I stop the synching?

Open the menu beside the top Identity Plate and click on the 'pause' icon [II]

2. What do I need to do to make sure the images are in my Lightroom Catalogue?

With Sync 'on', Wait for the Preferences/Lightroom 'Sync Activity' to show '0' syncs-

ScreenShot178.jpg

3. Why the two separate synching folders and what do I do about them?

You do not have two separate folders!. [All Synced Photographs] is just an accumulated 'list' of synced photos.

The files that have synced down from mobile will be in that 'iPhone' named folder only. (Or a folder that you have defined in the Preferences!)

in the Folder section which includes my iPhone name and it only includes 255 images.

This will only be 255 photos that have synced 'Down' from mobile. The 677 number possibly includes the 255 plus  photos you have synced 'Up' from Collections in Lr-Classic.

ScreenShot179.jpg

ScreenShot180.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TBMK for responding to my questions.  There is still no movement regarding downloading synched images to my LRC.  LRC still shows 677 in the synched list and 255 in the iPhone named folder as well as 4 still synching(according to the Identity Plate).  I should probably have mentioned in my original posting that the Synch Acitivity window under Preferences shows (0 Uploading, 1762 downloading, 0 Pending). I had deleted a fair number of synch photos that I didn't want.  Yes I know maybe I shouldn't have waited so long to upload images from my iPhone but there was no mention as to an optimal number. for synching  My Adobe Cloud still has lots of empty storage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I am a little more confused about your situation!

still no movement

So 'Sync' is turned on and nothing is downloading phone files from the Cloud?

And what do you mean by? - upload images from my iPhone

Synch Acitivity window under Preferences shows (0 Uploading, 1762 downloading, 0 Pending).

In this Lightroom Sync tab of Preferences- if you hold down the [Alt] key you have a chance to [Rebuild Sync Data]. This might refresh sync activity.

deleted a fair number of synch photos that I didn't want.

How, and where? Phone photos or Photos in Classic Collections?

I cannot explain why the ID plate says- "4 Syncing", and the Preferences say "1762 downloading".

(TBMK =To the Best of My Knowledge.  And that is lacking!!!)

Anyone else reading this thread have any answers?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 0
Lem Nasp LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again thanks for your response and sorry about the"TBMK" screw up.  I finally figured out the problem.  I checked my Lightroom app on my iPhone and there was a red exclamation mark on top of the Cloud icon.  When checking the Cloud, there was a message indicating that there wasn't enough empty storage on my iPhone to continue synching. After deleting some photos and some inactive apps, suddenly the images starting synching again.  So I'm assuming that there needs to be a certain amount of empty storage needed on the device before  synching.  I wonder if the number of images that I was attempting to synch (approx. 2000) needed that much more space for synching.  Thanks for your help WobertC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 08, 2020 1