• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

synchronize large collection on network drive

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there is no option for asking to rescan and add all photos from the existing folder.

If I do sync folder, this is what happens:

1. Lightroom hangs for ~30 minutes trying to re-scan 5tb of data on the network drive.

2. It suggest to add missing photos (120k)

3. After I click Continue, import dialog is shown and nothing happens. Lightroom starts rescan again.

I'm wondering if anyone from Adobe tried to use the Lightroom on large collections.

My use-case - I'm collected photos I stored from different external drive to a single NAS, so I'd like the collection to handle it.

Created new collection, performed initial import, but now I can't rescan collection to add new photos that were added directly to the folder.

Watched folder feature added for "checkmark". It doesn't work in reality because it watches single folder without subfolder.

Also, I don't understand, why the only option to import changes requires to wait in order to know how many pictures lightroom would import and then select which want to import.

Just give me an option - sync in background and add all pictures that are not in catalog yet.

Please.

This is 2021, but Lightroom is capable only for single import from 1 SD card.

If you're professional photographer with large collection, then lightroom doesn't seem to be a great help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're not Adobe here in this forum, we're just other Lightroom Classic users. Your suggestions for improvement should not be posted in this forum, because we can't add features to the program. Feature suggestions should go here:

Adobe Submit Product Feedback.png

As far as your importing problem, break the photos into smaller subsets, in sub-folders, and then perhaps you will actually get results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines