Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Classic/Lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is numbing my mind. 

I've got 500-1000 shots I'd like to sync and share with a client. They are all currently on Classic (Desktop). The easiest way I can see to share them would be to sync them to Lightroom then make the album open to them to browse... 

When I go to sync, it downloads all of my personal photos to the Lightroom Catologue I'm using for my client, at the same time, or maybe before? uploading the photos I want to upload and sync. 

Is there a way of getting around this?! I've also noticed that it says you can only sync one catalogue. What does this mean?! 

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync: Lr-Classic <> Lr-Classic?  Via the Cloud- No!

This can only be done by sharing an Exported Catalog with the image files and transfer by another method- Dropbox, External Drive, etc.

Catalog on multiple computers?

Sync: Lr-Classic > Web Browser? Via the Cloud- Yes, in a limited way.

Classic syncs UP proxy (Smart Preview) files from a Collection to be viewed in a web browser given a link to the 'Album' of the Collection of photos.

My example- https://adobe.ly/2LcgALI

And then there is a way of sharing Comments and Feedback, but it is not a Classic to Classic share!

Share photos for comments and feedback in Lightroom Classic

" .. only sync one catalogue ?.."

Correct!  If you keep separate Catalogs for each Client, you are to be disappointed and in total confusion if you try.

If you change the 'one' catalog you want to sync (Classic will ask you- Do you really?), LrC attempts to download ALL your files in the Cloud, over again to the 'new' catalog that you sync (something I do not understand).

"So this is numbing my mind." And me also!!

Personally (as an amateur with intermediate knowledge of Lightroom) I do not believe that the 'Cloud' is a suitable option for Professionals wanting to 'Sync'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines