• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing collections not working properly - Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been importing my photos through lightroom classic, then adding them to collections. 

Syncing with lightroom mobile is turned on and all the collections are marked to sync.

Working in Spark, only 3/4 of the collections that I have created (and have set to sync) appear in the asset library.

Does anyone know how what this issue could be?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Courtney,

Sorry to hear that syncing is not working properly, would you mind answering some questions for us? As it would be helpful for us to identify the cause of the issue.

1. What is the version of Lightroom you're working on?
2. Which operating system are you using?

3. Are you syncing the images from Lightroom Classic to your mobile device?

Could you check here and let us know if the images are present here or not? https://lightroom.adobe.com/

You may have a look at some troubleshooting steps here and let us know how it goes: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/syncing-with-lightroom-mobile-stuck.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Yes, I can see the images that I am referring to in the link you provided.  The most recent upload that I cannot access in Spark is the collection 'creamy kale gnocchi'.

I am working with lightroom classic 9.2 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.

The images are set to sync with lightroom mobile, but I don't use the mobile apps - only desktop.

I took a look at the troubleshooting doc you provided and the first instance appears to be for older versions or lightroom, and for the second, I have tried signing out and signing back in and I do keep my apps up to date, run on the same network, and I do not leet me computer sleep while syncing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "The images are set to sync with lightroom mobile, but I don't use the mobile apps - only desktop."

Just so you are aware you can only Sync One Lightroom Classic Catalog to the Creative Cloud at any point in time. So you cannot sync from Lightroom Classic application in one computer to Lightroom Classic application on another computer.

One computer can be running Lightroom Classic and the other one Lightroom (the cloud-based photo service}.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.

As far as I know I only have one catalog and I only work from one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  I have same problem! Is there a limit to the number of collections that show in spark?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did figure it out.

There is a limit on how many collections are shown in spark, and if a collection is named with a lowercase letter it will not show. Issue has been raised with engineering, and they are aware of the limitation.

Currently I work around by renaming collections to start with ‘A’ when I want to work with them in spark.

I hope that helps.

Courtney

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is CRAZY!

Thank you so much for sharing the work around.

Are you saying if the first letter is lower case it won't show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait, now it seem I get a dialog to navigate my folders and collections, so maybe it was recently fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines