• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing errors

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The synching activity window shows I have many files with an error stopping the synching. The error for all of them is "bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil)" What does this mean? The file name for the first error is WS1_Index1.dng I cannot see that there is a problem with the file name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Hi wildglio,

Sorry that you're getting an error message while syncing your images from Lightroom Classic CC.

Could you please try the following? 

In Lightroom Classic CC under the Preferences -> Lightroom Sync menu  Press alt/option -> Rebuild Sync data . Lightroom will restart and syncing will reset and there will be no impact on your images.

You may also refer this discussion for more details:  Lightroom Classic: sync problem: bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wildglio,

Sorry that you're getting an error message while syncing your images from Lightroom Classic CC.

Could you please try the following? 

In Lightroom Classic CC under the Preferences -> Lightroom Sync menu  Press alt/option -> Rebuild Sync data . Lightroom will restart and syncing will reset and there will be no impact on your images.

You may also refer this discussion for more details:  Lightroom Classic: sync problem: bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil) | Photoshop Famil...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Akash,

Rebuilding Sync data, has made a difference. I now no longer have any files pending, but now have the following

1 x Sync Type 'downloading' with Sync details/Errors 'Allow file to sync from my iPad'

3 x Sync Type 'Error' with Sync details/Errors 'bad argument #1 to '?' (number expected, got nil)'

4,718 x Sync Type 'Uploading' with Sync details/Errors shown as 'Error' and 'bad argument #1 to '?' etc.

The page shows a total of 7773 photos synced

I have generated a diagnostic log, but will not post it here as it includes sensitive data.

What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines